Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:01:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMercatorio - production and trading sim w/ (too) sharp learning curve
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mercatorio - production and trading sim w/ (too) sharp learning curve  (Read 235 times)
rune1
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2024, 07:07:23 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm developing a production, logistics and trading sim set in medieval times, with (slightly a-historically) sophisticated trading and market mechanics. Essentially all trading is exchange-based and can only take place when orders match against a counter-party (another player or bot). This gives an interesting dynamic where a wide range of possible prices for the products and services in the game drives flows of goods and specialization of towns, though on the flip-side it makes for a steep and unforgiving learning curve for new players.

The game has been in early access for a few months, and many early players are getting invested in their business empires and seem to be enjoying the game, but on the other hand there is a very high churn of players in the early-game.

With the basic game mechanics now in place, I'm moving my focus onto guides, convenience features, and grinding down some of the sharpest edges new players are getting cut on.

Any feedback I can get on what is the most confusing when setting out and (ideally) suggestions on how to streamline things would be greatly appreciated!

You can read some posts about the game here: https://www.indiedb.com/games/mercatorio
And find it here: https://mercatorio.io (free sign-up with an email address, fully browser based)

Note that the game is not particularly fast paced, running at 1-hour ticks, and with many actions (like building construction) taking hours (or days for the most advanced ones) to complete, so it will require some time to peek at. On the plus side it does run well on mobile.

Cheers,
Rune
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic