Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 03:00:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNew game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New game  (Read 897 times)
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2024, 04:40:09 AM »

Hi,

I started development on a new game from the Chromosome Evil Franchise.

It won't be a direct sequel but rather a small prequel of sorts with different mechanics mixed with the RTS combat part.
I am going for a Diegetic UI design combined with easy 3 choices per day type of gameplay but all choices must have a big impact.
This will probably also be the final entry from this franchise.

First concept:

Team
Popa Cristian Manuel - artwork, game design, marketing, balance, team management, testing, level design
Sergey Dovganovsky - programming, animation, testing, balance
Developed under 16 BIT NIGHTS studio

Gentlemen  Gentleman
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 01:37:02 PM by Ramos » Logged

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 10:50:36 AM »

3rd game already. Prolific! Keeping fingers for smooth development and another success.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 12:56:58 PM »

3rd game already. Prolific! Keeping fingers for smooth development and another success.

Thank you for the encouragement vdapps!

In the meantime, I start to decide on the color palette and final polish adjustments on the game design.

This is critical part of the game because here the player will spend half the gameplay time so I try to polish it as much as possible.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 05:07:50 AM by Ramos » Logged

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 07:11:17 AM »

Some more progress.

I will try to keep all details minimal on the environment and go high-detail on interactive components.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 05:08:03 AM by Ramos » Logged

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 07:00:42 AM »

Made some more progress

« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 08:35:08 AM by Ramos » Logged

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 06:16:35 AM »

just added more polish and also additional visuals for different screen ratios

And the first iteration of the parallax effect

« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 06:11:26 AM by Ramos » Logged

Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 06:55:46 AM »

Very cool! Especially like how you've integrated the GUI and UI into the scene. Really unique stuff! Reminds me of a kind of Escape Room. Parallax looks alright, maybe consider making the second layer not move as quickly could allow for more subtly in the effect.

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2024, 04:30:20 AM »

Very cool! Especially like how you've integrated the GUI and UI into the scene. Really unique stuff! Reminds me of a kind of Escape Room. Parallax looks alright, maybe consider making the second layer not move as quickly could allow for more subtly in the effect.

Thank you for the kind words!

I agree on the parallax it is very annoying but it was just my first iteration.
I reduced the speeds and added some adjustments.

Also my partner started adding the rollovers and tooltips I made + a mechanical arm for unit selection.

Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2024, 09:03:32 AM »

I like the mechanical arm unit thing, keeps with a very consistent in world user interface.
Which is very cool the GUI is looking pretty solid considering you don't see this kind of interface much. The rollovers are looking pretty spot on and insightful as to what things are, easy to read with the bold font.

I might suggest picking perhaps a more military looking font. As this one looks a tad on the superhero comic book kind of vibe.

Do you have plans for any other game screens or will this be it?
Keep up the great work, it's really shaping up quickly.

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2024, 12:54:19 PM »

I like the mechanical arm unit thing, keeps with a very consistent in world user interface.
Which is very cool the GUI is looking pretty solid considering you don't see this kind of interface much. The rollovers are looking pretty spot on and insightful as to what things are, easy to read with the bold font.

I might suggest picking perhaps a more military looking font. As this one looks a tad on the superhero comic book kind of vibe.

Do you have plans for any other game screens or will this be it?
Keep up the great work, it's really shaping up quickly.

Thank you for the feedback sir  Gentleman

Regarding the font I actually do aim for that comic book feel to it, tales from the crypt type since the game theme will be military/horror, and those characters you see there will have comic speech bubbles according to the events presented.

The other half of the gameplay will be real-time top-down tactics similar to the main Chromosome Evil 2 project since this will be a sort of prequel to the franchise.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 02:53:10 PM »

UPDATE

I am trying to also integrate the inventory menu within the War room interface.

Each slot will provide the player with a minimum of 2 choices and a maximum of 3 choices for upgrade equipment.
There will be no perfect build and the goal here is to create a unique build on each playthrough providing freedom to the player and more ways to play.

Please bare with me, the main target here is to have low gameplay time, around 3-max5 hours of gameplay but HUGE replaibility value

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 02:24:16 AM by Ramos » Logged

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2024, 04:35:15 PM »

Animation I made for camp screen

CONTEXT(mockup)

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2024, 01:30:38 PM »

More encounters

Context (mockup)

BestFriendStudio
Level 0

One man studio with ton of pixels

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2024, 08:12:56 AM »

Best luck with the new project. I love how fast you are able to prototype new ideas.  Hand Clap

I assume that two successfully completed games gives you more confidence, and reduce guessing regarding what you need to do, especially when marketing is in question, which speeds up some processes.

Small comment regarding mockup, I would maybe use different colors for displays, with idea to give different priority to different information, especially for the monitors which are there just for the atmosphere.

Also adding another "filler" row of computers between foreground and background will give more depth, and make everything even more important, like in NASA launching center.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic