Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 04:44:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesKickstarter Invites
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Kickstarter Invites  (Read 22278 times)
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« on: August 01, 2009, 06:59:14 PM »

I got an invite to this recently, it's really cool.

http://www.kickstarter.com/

I had 5 invites (but have used 3 of them). So if you want an invite and have a legitimate use for using kickstarter let me know. That person then can give off invites that are requested in this thread and so on and so forth. Soon all of TIGS will be able to kickstart their (and back others) game projects!

tmth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 12:28:32 AM »

oww, U.S. only. I'll be keeping tabs on it though, seems like a great site!

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 03:18:33 AM »

i'd like to try this, if you have an invite still. my idea was this: since i can't afford the fee to the igf right now, i could have a very low ($100) project where people would help pay for that entry fee. the different reward amount things would be things like 'preorder a copy' and such.

as an aside, it seems there are very few games that actually use this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/search?term=game -- it'd be nice to see more

if given an invite i'd certainly give my 5 invites to other tigsource members who request it, of course
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 03:31:42 AM by Paul Eres » Logged

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 03:27:22 AM »

Only for Americans!

Boo. Smiley

nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:55:21 AM »

I don't have a lot of time to do something money-worthy right now, but since people aren't mobbing for invites I'd like one too.

I'd really like to try something out along Paul's lines, super-low-budget just to try things out.

Oh, one thing I'm curious about... is the "only Americans" a geographical or nationality restriction? The documentation I see strongly suggests the restriction is because of the way Amazon processes payments, so I figure they only allow US sources. I assume this means someone with an American bank account / credit card could send/recieve payments.

If the Kickstarter website / Amazon payments website automatically blocks non-US IPs, I can just use a US proxy server.

I'm asking because I might be moving up north to the Frozen Wastes in a few months.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:07:55 AM by nihilocrat » Logged

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 09:56:59 AM »

It is really hard to get a US account if you aren't American, I tried to do this after making money doing that Amazon Mechanical Turk business, I ended up having to settle on Amazon gift money.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 02:34:52 PM »

I'm asking because I might be moving up north to the Frozen Wastes in a few months.

Where to? Shocked

Viper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:13:32 PM »

i have two projects that could REALLY use this.

if its possible, i would love an invite.

Gentleman
Viper

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 01:07:29 PM »

okey doke, sorry Viper but nihilo and paul snapped up the invites.

Though, part of the deal here is that they give at least 3-4 of those to TIGers (if they want them of course), so pass the love on Paul and Nihilo. <3

Frankly, I thought everyone would be swarming over these things. This is a great service guys! If you're American (stupid it's only US btw) take advantage of this. We'll probably use it as another way to do pre-orders in addition to normal means. The thing you're getting with Kickstarter is a community of awesomely generous people that just want to see people make awesome stuff.

Don't be shy, you're worth it.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 02:01:58 PM »

will give them to the next people in line after they become available to me

also, apparently they have plans to extend beyond just the US eventually

Viper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 03:15:46 PM »

its ok.

paul, i would love an invite Wink

or nihilo for that matter.

Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 04:28:29 PM »

Hey hey, this site seems cool. I'd like an invite if one's available.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 05:42:25 PM »

invites sent to viper and tomsennett

i'll be putting my project up there soon, after i make a video of the game's intro. probably by tomorrow or something.

Codestar
Level 1

One man, one game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 08:39:02 PM »

I'd love to give this a go for my project, it would really help me to get my stuff off the ground. If anyone want's to send me an invite I'd be more than appreciative.  Gentleman

Check out my current game project:
Mine to the sky
Captain_404
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 07:12:40 AM »

We should keep a running list of the people who have available invites left for this. I'm sure there are more people who, like me, are interested in this but can't right now for some reason.

In my case I'm not sure I have enough finished to show at this point.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 01:40:57 PM »

We just put Liferaft up yesterday and didn't finalize the profile until today:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aeiowu/liferaft-episode-1-a-retro-platformer-video-game

Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 10:35:16 PM »

Hey, sign me up please, this looks interesting! I had something like this (the idea for a way to raise monies) in the back of my mind, but I thought something like this wouldn't exist.

I still don't know if my 'old-school 2d platformer in XNA' project is worth it or not.

I don't even know what i'd offer if people donated, maybe I could link to them on my website. Or maybe people would be interested in a fancy art book and toy key-chain? Exclusive pixel-art or drawing tutorials on-line?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:06:57 PM by Draco9898 » Logged

Toucantastic.
ElijahKatz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »

I don't have any legitimate need for one right now...
But if people aren't swarming I'd like one and be happy to pass 3 invites to Tigsource members...
MJW
Level 0

Atlantian

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 08:47:25 AM »

Hey are there any of these invitations floating around?  I would substantially benefit from one!

I acknowledge that it is a bit crass to make this my first TIGForums post, and stand ready to demonstrate via text and/or video that others would also substantially benefit if I were to finish the in-progress game development that I hope to fund.  Smiley
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »

here is SD's page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rinkuhero/saturated-dreamers-igf-fee-and-misceallenous-deve-0

i intentionally chose a low target goal ($195) because if it doesn't reach its target goal nothing is paid and people's credit cards aren't charged, and i figured a low goal would be more likely to be reached than a high one.

if anyone still needs an invite, just pm me or one of the other people who is on kickstarter (aeiowu, tom sennett, etc.) -- i myself only have a couple of invites left, although they may still have all five invites

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic