Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:05:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingOdyssos - Exploration and power building Incremental - Alpha (v0.0.7c) released!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Odyssos - Exploration and power building Incremental - Alpha (v0.0.7c) released!  (Read 251 times)
Odyssos
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2024, 09:11:30 PM »

Hello everyone,

I present Odyssos version 0.0.7c (alpha) - An HTML Incremental exploration/stat progression game.  I've been working on this game for the last few months, and there's still quite a lot of balancing and refactoring to do, but the core functionality and UI are all there.  I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Odyssos Game Overview:

Odyssos is an incremental game where you embark on a journey of cosmic exploration and self-improvement. You start with basic training exercises and gradually unlock more powerful abilities, upgrades, and automations.

Core Gameplay Loop:
   Training: Engage in various training exercises to increase your power level and generate income in different realms (Force, Wisdom, Energy, Divine).
   Exploration: Venture into the Odyssey, conquering zones and regions to collect shards. These shards can be used to assemble and upgrade artifacts that provide powerful bonuses.
   Tournament: Ascend the ranks of the tournament by defeating increasingly challenging fighters. This allows you to upgrade your headband, granting further bonuses.
   Skills: Invest skill points earned through exploration and achievements to unlock and upgrade skills that enhance your abilities and customize your gameplay.
   Essence: Through rebirth, you gain essence, which can be used to unlock permanent upgrades that boost your training and exploration efforts.
   Achievements: Claim achievements for significant bonuses and complete achievement sets for even greater rewards. Achievements also provide Radiance, a premium currency.
   Radiance Upgrades: Use Radiance to purchase game-altering upgrades that can significantly boost your progress.

Key Features:
   Multiple unlockable world maps to uncover and explore
   Multiple Progression Paths: Train in different realms, explore the Odyssey, and climb the tournament ranks to progress.
   Unlocks and Automations: Gradually unlock new features and automate tasks to streamline your journey.
   Customization: Invest in skills to tailor your gameplay experience.
   Rebirth and Permanent Upgrades: Use essence to gain permanent bonuses and accelerate your progress.
   Achievements and Radiance: Earn Radiance through achievements and use it to purchase powerful upgrades.

Future Roadmap:
   Various Bug Fixes and Unit test implementations
   Rigorous fine-tuning of balancing and progression
   Mobile-Friendly Design / Android Porting
   Expansive world updates including:
      Metroidvania exploration elements and gating/unlocks
      more diverse/interesting/rewarding content
      more sense of exploration
      puzzle solving
   Additional tiers of rebirthing
   Challenges
   Additional Automations
   Easter Eggs
   Daily/Hourly Rewards
   Additional upgrade/stat types
   Various UI and Hotkey updates
   Player Titles
   Various Multiplayer elements (Leaderboards, tournaments, chat)

Current Bugs/Issues:
   Memory leak possibly fixed but not stress tested enough to be sure
   Conquest/Refresh rendering issues
   Autobuy occasionally can cause currencies to go negative
   Specific upgrade types causing errors
   Huge performance hit from autobuying artifacts

Play the game here: https://odyssos.io/

To submit feedback or chat, join the discord: https://discord.gg/tgm5fUQKBG

I hope you enjoy Odyssos alpha!
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 08:46:53 PM »

Hey Odyssos,

I played your game

What I liked:
- It's a good clicker game
- It remind me a lot of a Dark Room, one of my favorite flash games
- I liked the world map

What could use some work:
- I was going to say the number format was confusing, but I found the setting to change it.  Verbose worked much better for me.
- I wasn't totally clear on how the training currency connects to the world exploration.

Overall I liked it.  Nice job!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic