Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411945 Posts in 69435 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Maiu

June 12, 2024, 07:15:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsJava Station Project: Seeking Collaborators
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Java Station Project: Seeking Collaborators  (Read 370 times)
pp_mech
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2024, 08:10:31 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to introduce an idea of a cool game that brings together programmers, artists, and ordinary players.

1. My background
2. Game concept
3. Smart unit limit
4. Script-driven units
5. Player-created blocks
6. Pixel art
7. My rehab
8. Blame

1. My background
I am a 44-year-old experienced Java developer. I have independently developed four indie games using my own Java game engine. These include a top-down shooter with an automatic game parameter tuning system (https://sourceforge.net/projects/battery/) and a PvP tower defense game, which I believe is the only good PvP tower defense game (in development but playable). Additionally, I have created several small, fast 3D engines and a smart, self-learning poker AI.

2. Game concept
Java Station features a smart unit limit system and allows units to be controlled by AI scripts, either written by the player or obtained from other players. Players can also manually control units in the traditional RTS manner. The game employs a top-down view similar to Mindustry.

Players are encouraged to build resource refining systems and fortifications, upgrade and construct units, and research new technologies. The game welcomes contributions from artists, procedural graphics creators, and unit script writers. In addition to the inherent benefits, players can trade their technologies and participate in contests with rewards.

3. Smart unit limit
Each next unit's supply cost is twice that of the current one. The cost to upgrade a unit is calculated similarly.

4. Script-driven units
The game and its engine libraries are excellent for learning to code. I have an idea to write a programming tutorial using the game's classes, including the default AI scripts.

5. Player-created blocks including with procedural graphics and animation

6. Pixel art
Large pixels and limited color palettes, similar to Minecraft but in 2D. Not a final decision. If we find a skilled designer who excels in a more traditional 2D style...

7. My rehab
I am currently undergoing rehabilitation in the hospital. I will be discharged in two months.
My offer is cool.
[email protected]

8. Blame
I blame the thieves of my ideas with some blames.
Hey hey
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic