Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411978 Posts in 69438 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 15, 2024, 06:20:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesCube 2: Sauerbraten
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cube 2: Sauerbraten  (Read 2316 times)
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2009, 04:01:09 PM »

Hello TIGers. It's been a while! I have ventured from far off internet lands in order to accomplish a goal, which is to find people on this Internet™ that are willing to play this Video Online Game with HINCHY. (Actually I've already found one, Hideous, but I am venturing here to find MORE because it's more fun the more people you have.)

Basically Sauerbraten is a first person shooter in which built in is a seamless realtime map editor using a cube-based system (although you can make fine slopes too). It's pretty damn easy to use for the depth of structures and stuff you can build with it. You can edit in real time with your friends online too, which brings the awesomeness to an even higher level. You can frag your friends all you want as well, although I'm not actually into shooters so that's not really the reason I play it (although I do it sometimes anyway). It's mainly just fun to build an awesome giant world online with your friends. And best of all, it's free and open source and is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux in binary form, even with cross-platform online play. It runs on most computers too, all you'll need is a 1GHZ CPU, 256mb of RAM, and practically any graphics card made in the past 7 years (it runs fine even on my shitty Intel integrated card).

If anyone wants to play, get Skype and a microphone. (I'm kinda anal about playing online with people without voice chat, it just rubs me the wrong way.) But add me on Skype (zachhinchliffe) and I'll give you the details to my server (it's private so I'll have to let you in one-by-one, unfortunately the game doesn't have a server password thing or whatever).

http://www.sauerbraten.org/
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 05:12:38 AM »

I like Garry's Mod, Blockland, Minecraft, etc., so this looks interesting as well Smiley I'll see to it that I'll install Skype some time soon.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »

No mic here  Sad
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 07:31:57 PM »

I'd actually be interested in the game if it had 4-player splitscreen.

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 12:14:40 PM »

How would that work? You can't very well have four mice.
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »

How would that work? You can't very well have four mice.

I've played a surprising amount of FPSs with game controllers (007 games and TimeSplitters come to mind). Also, it's not impossible to use more than one mouse. Especially if you consider how many USB devices a computer can use. It just needs to be coded properly.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 01:34:05 PM »

The FPS part isn't interesting, it's the editing part. That wouldn't work in splitscreen.

Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »

The FPS part isn't interesting, it's the editing part. That wouldn't work in splitscreen.

Why not? I've used level-editors in console games before.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 01:40:30 PM »

Yes, sure, but not the level editing in Sauerbraten. This particular editor wouldn't work in splitscreen I think.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 02:02:18 PM »

I played it, it was fun, I made a home with a secret entrance to from my pool. Then I figured out that you could die repeatedly if you keep turning editor mode on and off.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 02:29:59 PM »

Yes, sure, but not the level editing in Sauerbraten. This particular editor wouldn't work in splitscreen I think.

Eh? I just watched a video of it. It seems simple to use and could even be controlled with a keyboard and no mouse, let alone a gamepad with analog sticks.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 02:42:24 PM »

shade, stop it :\ it makes no sense really

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 02:48:40 PM »

Alright alright, I'll back off. But in my defense I merely stated that I wasn't interested because there was no splitscreen, then tried to defend my stance as to why I wasn't an idiot for thinking this way.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic