Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:46:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoNature [FINISHED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nature [FINISHED]  (Read 26425 times)
ETG
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2009, 02:32:24 PM »

This is a very small game based on some thoughts I had the other day.

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1249336187
adam a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »

Hmmm, interesting. Does anything happen in the game? I feel like I'm missing something, can you get the sun to rise? It seems like that's what I was trying to achieve.

jimmykane
Level 0

100% jimmykane, all the time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 02:52:05 PM »

I got the sun to rise, although I'm not sure entirely what the key to getting it to rise is. Maybe it'll just eventually work once you invest enough time in trying?

www.chairmanwow.net/jaf - Exciting radio show, if you're excited about Edinburgh?
MacDiver
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 04:27:20 PM »

Short and simple.

Not to be a jerk or anything, but what in this entry would be considered adult or educational?  It seemed to be a game about jumping around the petals to make the sun rise.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 04:48:49 PM »

flower looked kind of phallic to me.

BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »

I still don't get it.
ETG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 05:29:35 PM »

There is a reason I'm not explaining anything about it.

I am VERY interested in your thoughts and theories on it though.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 05:32:25 PM »

you just wasted your manbaby post!

my thoughts: given the adult/educational context i made the assumption that the purple dude was stroking the flower in order for the sun to rise. So basically it's about masturbation.

Without that context... I'd conclude it was a tech demo.

Even with the context, the game is so obtuse and cryptic that it's pretty impenetrable. The whole masturbation metaphor is _really_ stretched and mostly a joke.

mkapolka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 11:23:49 PM »

I dunno, I thought the metaphor was pretty blatant, but then again I'm also making a masturbation game so maybe I'm just looking for it more.
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 02:10:30 AM »

Hum...I did not see it as a masturbation metaphor, more like a sexual encounter metaphor(you know, bees and flowers). Because you had to vary your speed, not go in too fast in the beginning to get the sun to rise. It could even be seen as educational in that regard Smiley. Next time you have sex, remember the lone flower in the field.
Stane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 07:30:33 AM »

Ha! Man, this made me laugh. Got the joke immediately! Nice job! Nice metaphor.
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »

LOL. I have my doubts that this is a sexual game, but it's funny that you guys are keeping the joke up.
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 01:16:31 PM »

As it stands, this is very ambiguous.  I felt as though something sexual was implied, and am probably leaning more toward Lurk's idea (the purple thing was somewhat insect-like, and there was lots of yellow, implying pollen).  In many art forms, flowers are very commonly used as metaphoric devices for sexual themes (e.g. the two flowers in Pink Floyd's movie The Wall).

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 03:19:02 AM »

It reminds me of masturbation as well, considering how you have to jump up and down to make the sun rise.

Hmmm, interesting. Does anything happen in the game? I feel like I'm missing something, can you get the sun to rise? It seems like that's what I was trying to achieve.
SPOILER
Pausing between a jump in the first few times and then keep jumping more and more frequently will get the sun rise.

Aaron P
Level 0

!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 02:50:13 AM »

This is without a doubt well-disguised masturbation.
ETG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 06:55:15 PM »

I'd like to thank everyone who played and participated. If you haven't played it yet, you should go play it before reading any further.

About the game:

The reason I wouldn't say anything about the game is because not having to say anything was the point.

Who tells the birds and the bees about the birds and the bees? Nobody has to.
Given a game with no kind of instructions at all you were able to figure out what to do. It's not complicated, but you figured it out. That's why it's called Nature.

Although I can definitely see the masturbation interpretation.

Speaking of masturbation... I'm not claiming that it's high art or anything, but there is a lot of possible symbolism that can be drawn out if you were so inclined.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic