Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:36:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFaris - The Good Evil
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Faris - The Good Evil  (Read 13650 times)
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 06:39:07 AM »

I like them both but top one is the coolest.  Maybe implement it in the game so you can take it off.  That would be sweet.  Can't wait to see more progress on this hurrryy!

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 06:47:09 AM »

Can you please have a Viking Boss? That would be Ace!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 07:31:23 AM »

Just don't go 'Outlander' on us without throwing a few dragons in! If you haven't seen Outlander, then no harm is done :D .. I strangely enjoyed it though, for some reason.

The top animation is my favourite, definetely. I wish my Firefox would stop using amercian spelling. No offense to USA spellmasters.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 07:45:35 AM »

You can Switch Firefox's Dictonary, I have mine set to Canadian.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 03:12:17 PM »

Same here.

Top is better.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
ElijahKatz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 04:46:26 PM »

I can do spellcheck  Smiley
I was confused though whether his name was Faris or Fares?

Here's the quote from the game in better english:

"When my grandfather was a young boy his father told him this story: A long time ago, when man and Jinni lived together in peace and safety. When man patrolled the sea without fear of Effrits there was a young one known as Fares. Fares was raised by the wise man after being forced to serve him by his father. The wise man was very special, he was blind but he could sense peoples soul's. The wise man came to be known in Fares' tribe as the "Master" though he wasn't the chieftain of their tribe. Fares dedicated his life to serving the tribe and his "Master", or that was what he thought..."

Not perfect of course but I would love to help you out :D
"My grandfather, Abu Abdullah, told me that he heard his father telling this story: In the earlier ages and time, when Man and Jinni were living together in peace and safety, when Man was patrolling in the sea without the fear of ocean's effrits , there was a young man , They Called him Faris, raised by the wiseman , His father dedicated him to serve the wiseman who was blind, can't see people's bodies but can hear their souls, people of the trib called him "Master" though he wasn't the tribe's chief, Fares dedicated himself to serve the tribe and the "Master", or that what he thought ."
hsn2555
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 05:04:21 AM »

thanks guys ,we can stick to one now  Durr...?

hsn2555
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 11:44:42 PM »

here's a combo  Hand Knife Right Lips Sealed

moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 12:38:58 AM »

<3

|
Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »

here's a combo  Hand Knife Right Lips Sealed

Thats a great animation you seem to have there sir.
Is good to see something coming from this game.
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 12:40:29 PM »

I am now following this. It looks quite good.

Though the building in that last screen could use a bit more detail and character. The region is a fantastic place for atmosphere, so I expect some great views   Hand Shake LeftBlink Hand Shake Right
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 12:38:46 PM by unsilentwill » Logged

El Moppo
Level 0

Gronk! Gronk!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 12:03:52 PM »

The Arabic style is extremely underdone. I endorse this game, and put all off of America's funds into it.  Gentleman

Don't add too many pesky Europeans, they spoil things. I should know. I'm from Europe. The continent that fucks everything up and then apologises... If you're lucky, that is. Wink
Saker
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 01:19:35 PM »

^
lol , :D , i don't know , but that's funny , because i don't have to emulate the "arabic style" since i'm arab , O_O" , it's "arabic" not "islamic" , there is a huge difference right there that maybe the europeans don't know , that arab had really amazing culture and civilization"s" before islam , that's actually where islamic "myth" came from , my main reference for the story of this game is the story of The Himyari king, Saif Bin Dhi Yazin , you can search about it in the internet , and you'll find some interesting stuff for sure , about the art style , hassan and me are trying hard to break these stereotypes which something like disny's aladin created in western audience mind , belive me , this game will give you a different and -may i can claim- "true" arabic atmosphere , any way , the story is what we care about right now .

about the Europe thing , there are no europeans in "faris" universe O_O" , about that time , that penis-like continent didn't exist . :D

increpare
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 01:25:43 PM »

Oh dude, totally missed this thread.  Glad to see you're working on something again :D 
Saker
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 01:37:25 PM »

^
haha :D , if you know how many uncompleted games/concepts i have on my hard disk , you won't say "again" again XD -bad joke
i think you're taking about that monamnamat game , it's postponed , a game like this needs a lot of work , time and experience which i don't have , hope that faris- game can help me improving .
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 02:03:43 PM »

Saker, I wanted you to know that in my opinion this game is the best looking game in the whole dev log section.  I seriously love  Kiss the style, themes, and atmosphere.  You have to finish this game!

increpare
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 02:28:58 PM »

saker, you should consider doing some weekend game competitions/jams like ludum dare &c. Smiley
Saker
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 03:05:09 PM »

- Caliber9, flattered Who, Me? (hassan's art is cool , now i hope i can do my part as good as he did   Cry ).

- increpare,  oh ... ah ... yes , sir  GentlemanHand Fork Left
H1RN
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 11:21:12 AM »

haha nice, i hope this guy will get a nice partner. im thinking of a camel or dromedary which is a little bit clumsy! this would be a nice contrast to the smart arabic sword guy.
haden.dude
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2009, 11:33:15 AM »

Wow  Shocked the art style is awesome  Kiss

Good luck with this game, work hard Wink

By the way Faris seems left-handed, cool me too  Big Laff
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic