Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 10:53:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesOxeye Speech at SGA Kickoff 08
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Oxeye Speech at SGA Kickoff 08  (Read 2352 times)
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« on: November 26, 2007, 11:58:41 AM »

Hello

I wanted to post this at both Indiegamer and TIGSource, since I have both communities in my "daily visits" list, so please excuse my cross-posting if you've already seen this. I'd just like to write a note about what's been going on over at Oxeye Game Studio lately.

Oxeye is an independent group of game developers. We are currently five active members, and have released a turn-based strategy game called "The Strategist". Our next game will be a real-time strategy game known as "Harvest: Massive Encounter", which we have received some good feedback for.

Harvest started out as a small prototype game that we made over two days. At first it wasn't very fun, but after adding enemies to the game it turned out a lot more interesting. We sent it to a couple of friends, and they really enjoyed it, so we added a few more features. However, it was a small minigame that we maybe had planned to release as freeware... Until we got nominated for the Swedish Game Awards - and won the runner-up prize in the "Best PC Game" category Smiley The jury members have called the game "unique", "inventive", "polished" and a lot of other nice things!

Anyway, to make a long story shorter, after receiving the prize we were asked to talk about our game development at the Swedish Game Awards "Kickoff". We were told that the speech would be filmed, and that there may be international students at the event, so if we could have it in English it would be great. I'm not a native English speaker (supplies! supplies!), so I was somewhat nervous about this. Brandon McCartin over at TIGS encouraged me though (thanks! Smiley ), so I practiced my speech in English and (even though no international students turned up) held it that way at the event.

So... The speech is about Oxeye, Harvest (why it's called that), how we made Harvest and some advice to next year's Swedish Game Awards participants. Other than that, it's a face for my internet nick! Smiley

Link goes here: http://www.fz.se/filmer/?id=1561

There were more speeches at the event, but they're in Swedish. You can find them here: http://gameawards.se/news/sga-2008-kickoff-video-coverage

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 12:14:52 PM »

Very cool, Jens!

*watches*

gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 12:41:30 PM »

Great stuff, jeb! I'm also watching it right now. I'll try to make some sense of the other speeches as well, but my Svenska is a bit rusty.

I was just wondering why there weren't any speeches by Nifflas, Cactus, Joakim Sandberg or Jazzuo? They're all Swedish aren't they?

Jeb you really have to pressure them to get Jazzuo to speak. It would be worth the trip from Finland to see him demonstrate hermies Smiley

Petri Purho
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 12:43:25 PM »

jazzuo is from the czech republic i think, right?

gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 12:49:22 PM »

Yeah at least according to his gamemaker profile.

I don't know why I though he was Swedish.

Well anyway, if any of those guys did a talk at SGA I would travel there.

Petri Purho
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic