Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:10:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeDeveloper looking for a creative partner
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Developer looking for a creative partner  (Read 1594 times)
newobj
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2009, 03:05:20 PM »

Howdy,

Sorry if this not the right forum for such a post... mod me if not, and apologies in advance.

I'm a solo spare-time developer seeking a creative (design + art) partner to collaborate on game projects. I'm especially interested in browser based MMO's, like Domain of Heroes, Kingdom of Loathing, etc (not so much Mafia Wars and the like...)

I'm a good developer but have zero art skills and not the best game designer. I'm tired of being limited by a deficit of these skills, so I'm looking for a partner, perhaps someone on the flip side of this coin: good art and design skills, but without the technical capacity to put their ideas in motion.

About me: I spent about 6 years working in the triple-A PC game industry, largely doing AI for first person shooters. Good times but not the kind of games I like to play, or therefore, make. After that I switched gears and worked on the web/ecommerce for about 4 year at Amazon. So I definitely have a good mix of the game+web development background you'll need for a browser-based online game. I largely work in Java, Ruby, C++, and JavaScript.

I'm looking for someone who can get involved in game design, writing, and most imporantly, artwork. Preferably strong with concept art and illustration since a browser based MMOG will feature mostly static images.

This is kind of "blind date" request for collaboration, but my friends who fit the bill do this stuff for more-than-full-time, and so they have no cycles left over at night to join me. I'm tired of being hampered by having no art, and of course, two people motivating each other work a lot better than one person.

If you're interested, drop me a message at newobj at gmail.com and let's chat casually...

Thanks,
Brian

Gentleman
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 02:24:44 AM »

How about introducing yourself first?  Wink

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Montoli
Level 7

i herd u liek...?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:33:04 PM »

That being said...  congratulations!  you are in the minority!  In general it seems like there are far more artists and designers wishing they had programmers to team up with than the reverse.  (And of course meaning no disrespect towards the countless talented artists and designers on this forum!  I'm simply basing this on numbers, which I got from anecdotal forum evidence and no scientific rigor at all!  Specifically the number of "any programmers out there who want to team up?" posts, vs posts like this.)

I predict you will have minimal trouble finding someone interested in teaming up!  Best of luck!

-Montoli

www.PaperDino.com

I just finished a game!: Save the Date
You should go play it right now.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »

That being said...  congratulations!  you are in the minority!  In general it seems like there are far more artists and designers wishing they had programmers to team up with than the reverse.

Oh really?

I'm looking for artists. Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic