Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:00:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHeat Line
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Author Topic: Heat Line  (Read 34900 times)
Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2009, 11:18:09 AM »

Hi, this is Tyler and I've been fortunate enough to begin working with Andy composing music for Heat Line. Considering the amount of interest the game is receiving we thought it would be fun to post a track that was completed recently. Let us know what you think!

More songs are in the works!

I love audio: Engineering, Sound Design, Composition
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2009, 11:23:18 AM »

DISREGARD ME

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2009, 12:28:59 PM »

Thanks for adding the video, it was really nice to be able to see it in action like that.  I was so surprised when you got into the bus and started driving into the buffalo!  I felt a bit sorry for them, hehe... but I suppose you gotta eat somehow when you're out there in the snowy wilderness.  I was also going to point out that the menu system looks pretty good; it's sleek and looks intuitive, and you have some good SFX.

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2009, 10:12:37 PM »

Hi, this is Tyler and I've been fortunate enough to begin working with Andy composing music for Heat Line. Considering the amount of interest the game is receiving we thought it would be fun to post a track that was completed recently. Let us know what you think!

More songs are in the works!

Hey, nice work. Smiley My biggest crit is the lower harmony around 0:53.  I didn't think it fit. 

Although I tend to prefer less synthy instrumentation, this is well done.  It has a nice adventure feel and reminds me of newer Zelda, in a good way.

/////////////////////////
God at play - meaningful games - spiritual games
@godatplay
Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2009, 11:32:49 AM »

Hey, nice work. Smiley My biggest crit is the lower harmony around 0:53.  I didn't think it fit. 

Although I tend to prefer less synthy instrumentation, this is well done.  It has a nice adventure feel and reminds me of newer Zelda, in a good way.

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad you enjoyed it. The lower harmony at that point is right, are you talking about the secondary melodic voice (clarinet)? One note needs to be changed in that line. Also, could you explain what you mean by "synthy instrumentation"?

Thanks for listening!

godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2009, 09:44:40 AM »

Yeah, I think it was the clarinet - a woodwind at least.  The higher instruments are supposed to be strings, right?  I think it's closer to 0:50 - 0:52, where you hold a 3/4 note and then descend and hold another 3/4 note.  The second 3/4 note that's played seems lower than I expect.  I dont know my music well enough to tell you what key you're in or what kind of note that is, but hopefully that gives you enough info. Tongue

By synthy, I meant that the instrumentation sounded synthesized, yet still realistic.  For me, that puts the sound in a sort of uncanny valley.  It's just a personal preference for either a more live-recorded, analog sound or less realistic (i.e. 8-bit) synthesizing.

My point was that the quality was good enough to transcend my personal preference for how the song was produced.  It's a good thing. Smiley  I'm sure most people either don't care or actually like that kind of sound.

@godatplay
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »

wow, Havok that is some awesome and impressive music!  Sounds like it will go great with the game!

Havok
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2009, 11:19:38 AM »

wow, Havok that is some awesome and impressive music!  Sounds like it will go great with the game!

Thanks!

godatplay: Thanks for the clarification. I really appreciate it. Yes, working with orchestral samples are the bane of my existence Smiley It doesn't help that the uploaded sound is not of the original quality. I much prefer the sound of live performers but unfortunately that costs a lot of money!

godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2009, 09:04:09 PM »

Yeah, it's really expensive... Seriously though, I think what you have is great.  Hope to hear more soon.  Coffee

@godatplay
astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2009, 09:07:26 PM »

Just wanted to drop a note to say that despite the silence, the game is being worked on still. Not to worry Smiley I'll have an update here soon.

After the crazy crunch for IGF I took a small breather, but I'm out to win it in 2011! Hoorah!

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2009, 09:18:08 PM »

Good to hear. Go man, go!

Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2010, 07:43:47 AM »

I hope this game is still being worked on  Cry  Beg
astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2010, 08:56:44 AM »

Cool

Stay Cool.

Actually, I do have another exciting project happening right now, but I can't really say anything about it quite yet. But rest assured, I'm still on the 'Line.

IGF 2011, here I come. Smiley

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2010, 09:11:25 AM »

Nice music! So is that EastWest at its best I'm guessing?

astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »

I'm uh... not sure what EastWest is HyperDuck. You'll have to explain.

Even though Heatline isn't quite priority one right now, I did manage to make some more concept art today. Huzzah! Hopefully I can get more enviroment/NPC sketches done this weekend.

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2010, 04:22:35 PM »

Ah, so excellent!  I love the idea of this game, so original!  Traveling around in an RV its great!  I really like the style you have going on there for this piece.  Its abit sad that it will be a while until we can play Heatline though.

Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2010, 04:49:01 PM »

I only just realised- It's quite Wild Thornberrys  Grin
godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2010, 06:10:54 PM »

This is a great thing to have while we wait.  Thank you.

I hope things continue to go well.  Coffee

@godatplay
alspal
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2010, 06:22:32 PM »

I only just realised- It's quite Wild Thornberrys  Grin

haha, so it is!
astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull