Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:09:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDadaists Gone Wild 2 [Unfinished demo version released]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Dadaists Gone Wild 2 [Unfinished demo version released]  (Read 17280 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2009, 05:18:22 PM »

Thanks!  If you haven't yet, you should give the first Dadaists Gone Wild a try.  (See my sig)

Fuzz
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2009, 08:09:33 PM »

will any more betas be forthcoming, or do i need to wait till the final release of ep. 1?
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2009, 08:17:48 PM »

I'll probably do one more beta shortly before releasing episode 1 to make sure everything is nice and working before release.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2010, 02:53:35 PM »

Well, I've decided to take this project in something of a different direction.  The feedback I got from the IGF has helped me focus on what the project needed, and I've been feeling that the game had been loosing much of the essence of the first game.  So the game will once again take a while, since there's much to be done.

SidM
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2010, 02:53:16 PM »

Oddly enough, I have to agree with them. Smiley
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2010, 02:11:11 PM »

Okay, I'm officially calling this one abandoned, and releasing the unfinished version of the game.

What happened is I got overambitious with the project, and also lacked planning.  I ended up with a project that became increasingly difficult to work with, and I began realizing I had lost touch of some of the things which I felt made the first game work.  I had put together a demo for the IGF, and after the push to complete that demo, work slowed down and finally stopped. 

I still had ideas for a new Dadaists Gone Wild game, and I still liked a lot of the elements in Dadaists 2, but I couldn't get myself psyched up for it in the same way as I had been when I started the project, and the prospect of trying to incorporate elements of the mess that is Dadaists 2 into a new project, as well as the prospect of re-doing what I had already done in Dadaists 2, quickly killed any motivation I had to work on the project. 

So I've decided to release what I have of Dadaists 2, so that if I ever make another Dadaists Gone Wild game, I can start completely fresh, and also because there were probably some people who had been looking forward to Dadaists 2.

This version is pretty close to the demo I submitted to the IGF.  I've made a few changes, fixed a few things, and finished up a boss battle I had been working on when I abandoned the project.  All told, the game in it's current state is about as long as the first game, if not slightly longer.

A few notes about the game regarding it's unfinished state:
1. The game ends suddenly, about a second after you enter the cave. 
2. Despite how they are numbered, there are only 3 unlockables. 
3. These unlockables are also in an unfinished state.

With that said, you can download the game here:
>Download<

There is also a trailer for the game here: 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic