Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:05:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDev’ing Life: What’s it like to be a young developer?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Dev’ing Life: What’s it like to be a young developer?  (Read 5192 times)
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 08:18:26 PM »

haha, this is great.

keep up the work.

also i like the song on vid 2, so thanks for including the title.

ArmisticeML
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 06:45:27 PM »

thanks.

@JaJitsu- yeah, haha, i don't like it when people use songs without including the title, so I wanted to let people know what song it was just so people don't have to go through the same experience ^^

Many people know how to best survive life.<br />Few know how to best live it.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 09:45:57 PM »

I doubt see this panning out, but it is nice you have ambitions. Especially since I saw your video and saw that the fact that you are just a modeler (I think? can't remember, it was days ago) and that you aren't knowledgeable in programming. I recently just learned Flex/AS3 and that is a 2d engine (piggybacking on flixel and haxe) and it would take me many months to program a game from scratch, at least to the quality on-par with your ambitions and my own. Not to mention if I started from scratch with a C# or python 3d engine. My head hurts thinking about it already. Maybe Java. Maybe. To be fair, I'm quite the slow worker...

I'd recommend you start off with just learning programming. Never mind modelling, make the other fellow do that. Start off with learning Game Maker (GML especially), Construct, Flixel and maybe the Unity trial. Indie version is only $199. Since you can't work until you're 16 maybe it would make a decent gift for Christmas? Since your time is quite limited, due to school and all, you should focus more on the actual 'work' ya know? Even though it takes barely 15 minutes to make such a short video that is valuable free time that you could spend on programming.

But, like other comments I would love for you to succeed. The more indie developers the better, of course. Good luck!  Hand Metal Left
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic