Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:34:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeStrengths
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Strengths  (Read 5735 times)
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 11:47:48 AM »

I'm good at teaching myself how to do something. I don't have to be terribly reliant on other people to get things done. I'm also good at finding my own way of implementing an idea I have.

This does mean I tend to produce gross, convoluted code sometimes, or funny-looking art, but oh well.

I love making music. It's the one thing I feel like I have the background to do well.

|
hatu
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »

I'm probably just about the most modest person on earth. No big deal Gentleman
ChevyRay
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 02:58:48 PM »

My two greatest strengths.

One.

Two.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »

I'm good at polishing a game's final presentation;  at sanding off all the rough corners and putting a really nice shine onto every visible surface.  This usually involves a lot of work with cameras, player handling, and screen transitions within the UI.  I seem to be hyper-sensitive to this final layer of polish;  it always rubs me the wrong way when I play a "AAA" game which lacks that attention to detail, even though nobody else ever seems to mind it. 

I'm very much the same!

I would call that, along with my drawing ability. Now, I'm not a wonderful spriter nor am I a wonderful drawer. Although fairly good at both. I shine in concept, and making my concepts come to life.
The OCD production-value polishing strength mentioned above comes into play a bit in the concept art.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 05:56:23 PM »

My strength is actually kind of a weakness too.  Sad

I'm (or told I am) good at making ideas. I usually make around one finished game idea a week, when I'm trying to. Occasionally I'm doing other things, so I don't have a LOT of ideas. I have around 40 completed ideas, with countless others. All my ideas are fully fleshed out. And, I am told, my ideas are usually unique, with some interesting mechanic in each one.

I bet this isn't rare, I just want to check.
Afinostux
Level 2

Forgotten Beats

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 10:13:49 PM »

Whenever I have a new idea for a way of doing something, I can hardly even sleep until I've tried it out.

I don't feel bad about killing unproductive prototypes and bad ideas.

I know when I'm not being productive. (now now now  Big Laff)

I don't let 'art style', 'coding style' or 'music style' stand as excuses for not knowing how to do something.

I have no reservations about making imperfect experiments. I do things wrong before I do them right.

I have a high opinion of myself, but I'm not arrogant. I know my limits.

I was playing around with sfxr the other day and I managed to make it imitate kraid's roar. derf dorf I'm a sound engineer now do I get a hardhat

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 08:36:15 AM »

Im a duck.. pour water on my back, no bother, comes right off. Sorted.

I also can play what I hear in my head, which helps. The voices.. are not so playable, however.

tmth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 11:00:04 AM »

I can deadlift twice my weight. THAT'S STRENGTH!

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 07:55:41 AM »

I am fairly good at programming (and debugging) and even enjoy it almost all of the time.

I am good at dabbling in a bit of everything without getting very good at any of it (wait, is that a strength or not).

As I've been told several times, there is hardly a single person who doesn't like me (dislikes me?), thus I am a very adjective person to get along with! Evil (wrong emoticon I swear)

And other than that I do think I'm pretty good at getting along with people.

Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »

I'm a relatively good programmer. At least I assume I am, since people seem to want to pay me large sums of money to write code (not games, sadly).

Same here, except I get paid to code for games, although the sums of money are probably not as large Cry
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 05:12:47 PM »

Most of the things I've ended up good at are a result of my major strength which is adaptability and willingness to learn new skills, or to put it in a more plain way I can always find the time and energy to try something new out to see if it would be beneficial. Occasionally I'm just plain bad at some things (ie, illustration) despite the practice I put into them, which is where my other strength comes in which is creative problem solving.

From a practical standpoint, I'm an acceptable programmer and a not amazing but relatively fast pixel artist. Oh, and I'm very good at getting to the point when talking, although I've also been told I come off as somewhat abrasive, which to me is the same thing. All strengths are also weaknesses after all.

The-Imp
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 05:16:44 PM »

I have my creative moments, tremendous amounts of doodling are done... At school, which tend to lead to bigger better ideas.

So I guess I'm KINDA creative, not really though.
Jason Bakker
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 06:47:46 PM »

Other than the base stuff (creativity, decent at programming/problem-solving), I think one of my biggest strengths is positivity and a willingness to make the best out of something regardless of the limitations that exist or setbacks that may occur.

SmileyHand Shake Right Angry

siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 08:49:18 AM »

I suppose I know how to program stuff.
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 12:29:51 AM »

I'd like to think I'm a good programmer. I study hard, I try my best and when it all boils down to it I don't give up easily. I fight with it untill it works.

But definitely my knowledge of software design/patterns and all that silly "mambo jambo" makes me at least think that I'm good programmer and experience in different programming languages (It's all an illusion?).

Anything from there... I suck. Art, music, you name it, I suck in it.

Great thread btw  Gentleman

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic