Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:32:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Stellar Adventure of Chris Adams - Point-and-click...RPG?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Stellar Adventure of Chris Adams - Point-and-click...RPG?  (Read 1844 times)
Dark Link
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:25:50 AM »

The Stellar Adventure of Christopher Adams

TSAoCA is a single-man project of mine. It is an experiment to see how well RPG Maker XP handles genres other than the type it was originally designed for. I've seen how it works with turn-based strategy games already, and I've seen it work with Zelda-style active combat.

The game is based around a business executive who gets sucked into a warp portal and tasked by the Old Ones to stop the Hirans from altering the Universe's history. It utilizes tons of events and switches to achieve its point-and-click goal, and though it may seem like an RPG, there are no battles and stats don't affect this game.

Death lurks around every corner in this game. It's used as a sort of tongue-in-cheek  stab at RPG gamers' compulsion to turn over every stone in a game. Grabbing live electrical wires will get you electrocuted. Using random Med-Packs will get you poisoned and killed. Straying too far away from the marked path in the space exploration stages will get you shot down by passing slavers.

No demos or screenshots as of yet, but you guys will be the first to know when there is.
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 10:35:29 AM »

this sounds a' very naicce! *awaits screens*

Dark Link
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 07:12:36 AM »

Well, it's made using the RPG maker engine, so I wouldn't expect anything too different from anything you've already seen. I'm no god to map-making, but hopefully I can make it work.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic