Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:39:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelicious Wonderbros!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Delicious Wonderbros!  (Read 7677 times)
i wanna be the guy
« on: August 23, 2009, 05:06:29 PM »

Delicious Wonderbros is a sidescrolling shoot-em-up revolving around three seemingly normal citizens who attempt to overthrow the corrupt government leader and founder of the metropolis of Suoiciled.

Each character features both a unique gameplay style and a storyline that explores their lives preceding the moment where they come together.
STORY
1up's Story: Years ago, Suoiciled was nothing more than a small town in the middle of nowhere. One day however, a business man using the alias 'The Candyman' showed up and arranged a conference with the mayor. A town meeting was held shortly after, and it was explained that The Candyman had received permission to destroy the small town of Suoiciled and turn it into an advanced utopia for himself and his many followers. Outraged, the townspeople attempted to attack The Candyman, only to be stopped immediately by their mayor who explained he was the one who gave the order to start the project. Stunned, the townspeople backed down and were thrown into a makeshift prison until construction of the new city was finished. However years passed by, and it appeared they were going to spend their lives within the prison walls, that is however, until a man going by the name Sam was thrown into the same cell as 1up, they talked for a few minutes about what was happening in the city as Sam worked on unlocked the cell door. The rich section of the giant city was incredibly well off, however every other citizen was living in horrible poverty, resorting to relying on a small group of Robin Hoods to supply sustenance for them. Sam also explained that he was the leader of a small rebel force was planning attack on the city in an attempt to restore wealth to the poor, when asked if he would like to join him 1up agreed almost immediately, and they set off to the rebel camp to decide their next move.

Shawn's Story: Shawn had grown up in Section 3, the poorest section of Suoiciled. His parents died when he was 12, and he was taken in by the group of thieves who supplied everything to the citizens of this section. They had no official name, but were referred to as Robin Hoods, their motto 'Steal from the rich (and beat up guards really hard) for the poor' was probably what gave them this nickname, but no one is entirely sure. Shawn grew up to be one of the best thieves in the group, being one of the only four members to have never been caught, he was respected and admired by nearly everyone. On one outing to the marketplace in Section 2, he had overheard rumors of a rebel group readying an attack on The Candyman. After hearing this he decided, he would relentlessly annoy the first member of the rebel group that he found until they agreed to let him join their fight.

Lan's Story: Lan was not born in Suoiciled, however onced he moved to the city he joined the City Guard and climbed the ranks very rapidly, bought a house in the richest section of town, and married the daughter of Huero, the highest ranking general in the City Guard. While on duty one night, his partner noticed a small group of scouts for the rebel army trying to sneak into Section 5. After getting a closer look at the scouts, he realized they were all extremely young, no older than 12 or 13 years old. Lan stood there frozen while his partner coldly shot down the group. Immediately after that moment, he quit the City Guard and spent the rest of his life at various bars, trying to drink himself to death. After a conversation with the bartender at the biggest bar in Section 2, he decided he would look for the rebel camp and try to join them.

GAMEPLAY
a platformer/side scrolling shmup. nuff said

ACTION MOCKUPS

expect more whenever i get around to it
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 08:32:48 PM by i wanna be the guy » Logged
sloopygoop
Level 0

8-bit magical sounds...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 05:41:12 PM »

I love the name.

My music:
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 05:44:41 PM »

I love everything about this.
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 05:48:25 PM »

wow!  Love the art style you have going there.  Lets see this one become finished!

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 10:52:31 PM »

i reeeeallly like the style of the characters. please keep this up!

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 10:57:49 PM »

Also:

It's a shmup? But the main character has a knife... did you mean beat 'em up?

Is the actual game going to look like this? If so, AWESOME.
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 05:11:06 AM »

Hee, I think he meant beat em up  Corny Laugh

Anyway, looking awesome. Gotta love that huge knife.

Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 05:21:58 AM »

Shtab-em-up

HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 05:32:19 AM »

He's breaking genre conventions. He's being indie. It looks great, can't wait to see the finished product. Beer!

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 05:37:58 AM »

Also:

nah, that guy has a knife because yes

playable characters use guns though (still working on this guy's animations so i haven't gotten around to anything more than sketches of others)
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 05:46:50 AM »

*expanding on last post*

there's 6 playable characters, 3 for each play style (male/female counterparts to each). While each weapon unlocked does get progressively faster in fire rate, they also lose the ability to do certain things while moving (such as running or jumping)

Shawn/Shauna: pistol

Lan/Lana(unlocked after finding a certain amount of 'mysterious pieces' which are scattered throughout the world: assault rifle

1up/Dcup(unlocked after finding all 'mysterious pieces': Minigun

unnamed character bc spoilers(unlocked after beating *spoilers*): all attacks used in game, albeit with nerfed damage

The finished product will look a bit more cleaned up, although i'll probably keep the general look of the ground, most other parts will have to at least get a little aa and cleaned up linework

*aaaaaaaaaand*
while this game is technically a shmup/beatemup/hackemup/whathaveyou, there will be certain free roam elements

The city itself is split into 9 sections, you gain access to more of these sections as the story progresses. After recieving, finishing, or even midway through a mission(if you're weird like that), you will be able to run around in and explore all unlocked areas until you feel like finishing up what the storyline intends for you to do
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 05:51:05 AM »

The finished product will look a bit more cleaned up, although i'll probably keep the general look of the ground, most other parts will have to at least get a little aa and cleaned up linework
I really dig the "sloppiness," actually!

FranticPandaKev
Level 1

I wants to Give you SounD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 06:11:55 AM »

It looks so bright and awsum, Kinda looks like Ctrl-Alt Del style.

Twitter: FranticPandaKev
mozzy
Level 1

The Wild Thing

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 06:13:52 AM »

Sheesh, so what version is this game on? # 10?
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 07:06:42 AM »

hey

at least this time im not doing a complete overhaul on the graphics, gameplay, story, etc
Codestar
Level 1

One man, one game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 10:50:20 AM »

hey cool didn't know you guys were here... SUP! Durr...?

Check out my current game project:
Mine to the sky
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 11:18:32 AM »

nothing, just

this

T.E.D. bot idle animootion wip

I just need a few more actions for this guy and we should have enough for a basic engine.

edit: is finished
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:46:21 PM by i wanna be the guy » Logged
MaloEspada
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 11:44:14 AM »

Awesome as always 1up. I hope you conclude the game this time around.
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 04:40:26 PM »

well, i think graphics look amazing Shocked

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 05:50:10 PM »

freaking freaking awesome. I am in 6000% support of this project. <3  Hand Any Key press for love!!!!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic