Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:50:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessNew (FREE) XML time logging software released!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New (FREE) XML time logging software released!  (Read 1944 times)
Techdojo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2009, 05:09:41 AM »

Hi folks,

As my time is often split between several different projects I wanted a quick and easy way to keep a record of what time was spent where, so I created a tiny little app to help me out.

So the long and short of it is that I've decided it release it as a bit of freeware for anyone and everyone who's interested - the app's called "SimpleTimeLogger" and can be found at www.whitetreegames.com/stl

It was written with my needs as a part time indie developer in mind, but I'm sure it'll be useful for any computer based professional who has to keep track of time spent on different projects for whatever reason.

It creates and updates a simple XML file in the same place where it's run from - the schema is very clear and well laid out if anyone want's to look at it or use the data in anyway - I plan to add a few extra features including a per project hourly rate and basic report generator some time in the near future, but any and all updates will remain 100% free!

So grab a copy, and let me know what you think (or to put it another way) -

"If you like it please tell your friends, if not tell me..."

It's been written using MFC so any and all .dll's should already be on your system, however if any are reported missing, give me a shout and I'll dig out some links for them.

Jon...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic