Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:39:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOmnicar!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Omnicar!!!  (Read 1978 times)
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2009, 05:14:29 PM »

Ok this is a totally crazy 2am game idea but I think it has legs.

Basically taking a bunch of games like Spyhunter and Rrootage and R-Type and Er... Gravity Hook and Trials and cutting them up into tiny warioware like sections and making it a progressively harder/faster game to see who can get the furthest.

If you understand my idea from this basic description, the proposed name should help your brain, then I'm open for suggestions for car "modes" and also any general suggestions you might want to give.

I'll draw some terrible representations and set up a blog and describe it properly tomorrow morning but I figured I should get my ideas down on paper before I go to sleep.

P.S. Remember to pick up your MU in the morning.
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »

Been done. It's called Made In Wired.

LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »

I meant to mention you should tell me if you thought this had been done before so cheers.

Checked out Made In Wired. While it follows a similar idea to this I think it looks more shooty while my game will be more drivey. It is quite hard to explain but I think it will be fun. The wario ware similarities are not so much in the shortness of the gameplay segments but more in the franticness of the switching so you will quickly go from dodging cars horizontally to going through hoops in your submarine which are on different heights. Then you'll have to eject and use lunar lander type physics to dodge the walls until your hanglider backpack opens and you can fly back down to your car that is actually a monstertruck which you have to keep upright ala excitebike.

It feels good in my head.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 03:59:57 AM »

Ok this is a totally crazy 2am game idea but I think it has legs.

Don't let it go dude. 2AM madness is the best madness. I once woke up with a fantastic idea for a date-em-up. It's still waiting to be unleashed on the world.

So, yeah, go for it, Fishy.   Hand Any KeyCrazyHand Clap
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 04:06:09 AM »

I'm still in the planning stages really. It's going to have perspective switches and the like so I'm trying to work out how to get it all to link together smoothly.

Also I'm taking a break from devving and learning to art right now. But hopefully I'll get around to making this soon.
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »

Sounds pretty ambitious.  Remember that for each "mini-game" you are essentially making a whole new game.  Just because they are short to play doesnt mean they are easy or simple to create.  Not saying that you can't do it but I would seriously consider the amount of work it will take to create all these "mini" games.

LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 03:04:18 PM »

Yeah I know it is ambitious that is why I am plotting it perfectly on paper before I even think about putting anything into action. To be honest knowing me I'll forget the idea even exists before I come close to formulating a solid plan but we'll see.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic