Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:21:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeLooking for programmer for this game (mockup included)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for programmer for this game (mockup included)  (Read 5627 times)
raiten
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 07:10:18 AM »

The flash programmers I talked with didn't have the minimum of commitment that I'd require, giving me certainty that he'd finish the job, do it well and accept the economic benefits.

It's fine, really, but it's funny you wouldn't mention to me you weren't happy with my proposition/engine because that's not exactly how the last piece of conversation between the two of us went down... Actually, I was still waiting for you to send the me a game design document. As I said, I am fine with you looking elsewhere, really, but if you can't tell people that you're no longer interested, I think it sets a pretty bad precedent for this project... Still, good luck with the game, I love the look of the mock-ups you sent me.
purplelava
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 08:01:53 AM »

The flash programmers I talked with didn't have the minimum of commitment that I'd require, giving me certainty that he'd finish the job, do it well and accept the economic benefits.

It's fine, really, but it's funny you wouldn't mention to me you weren't happy with my proposition/engine because that's not exactly how the last piece of conversation between the two of us went down... Actually, I was still waiting for you to send the me a game design document. As I said, I am fine with you looking elsewhere, really, but if you can't tell people that you're no longer interested, I think it sets a pretty bad precedent for this project... Still, good luck with the game, I love the look of the mock-ups you sent me.

I have a reason for not having sent you the document yet, that I was going to discuss with you soon (aren't you in Japan now!?). You're right that I should have contacted you sooner, but you didn't show so much anxiety about it that I really had to do it. So I chose to wait a little more - after all you weren't going to work on it yet. You could have asked me what was going on, if you really were waiting. So I think this pretty much defends me; I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
Still this is between you and me, and if we talk about it we do so privately and not in this or any other public thread...

Regards  Gentleman
raiten
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2009, 08:14:38 AM »

I don't mean that you should have sent me the document by now, there was never any hurry, I mean that if you are no longer interested in working with me, I'd prefer if you told me in person rather than finding it out reading a forum post where you say that

The flash programmers I talked with didn't have the minimum of commitment that I'd require, giving me certainty that he'd finish the job, do it well and accept the economic benefits. I'm not going to release a game with bad collision, I'm not. I like to do quality things.

If you didn't mean me, that's fine but uh, still confusing, I guess.
purplelava
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 08:22:51 AM »

I don't mean that you should have sent me the document by now, there was never any hurry, I mean that if you are no longer interested in working with me, I'd prefer if you told me in person rather than finding it out reading a forum post where you say that

I understand it's not the best way to discover things, and again, we are going to solve it privately. I was going to send you a mail. I am now. 
purplelava
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 08:26:03 AM »

I am having so much fun with this thread alone. It is the funniest. Keep 'em coming, and if the game ain't going to be made, well, the Duck is gonna cry.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic