Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:01:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBroken Cave Robot
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Broken Cave Robot  (Read 19782 times)
ChevyRay
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »

Ludum Dare 2nd place, gold medal in fun! Excellent job, man. Tears of Joy It was totally worth your hardcore rush in the end!
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 10:50:36 AM »

Oh hey; great job!  Quite liked the game, and I found it really amusing how it still managed to be incredibly maddening, yet in an entirely different way from your other games.  :D
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 11:25:18 AM »

Oh hey; great job!  Quite liked the game, and I found it really amusing how it still managed to be incredibly maddening, yet in an entirely different way from your other games.  :D

Haha thanks!  It definitely felt like I was breaking some new personal ground with it as I was making it.

Winterous
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 04:50:03 AM »

Frankly I can't play this game.
I can't deal with having to draw a map myself, it hurts me to try.
And not being able to see where I'm going kills me too, you can drop onto spikes with no warning.
pyabo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 10:07:07 PM »

Here is a thought on the sequel...  Why not change the color of the actual cavern blocks to something else?  The way total blackness and the cavern itself are both black can be confusing.  Would this be too much of a change?

Only other thing that bugged me was that the ESC key dismissed some dialogs *and* quit the game.  Grrrrrrr.  OK, I lied... the other thing that is still bugging me is in the tiny spoiler text: I feel like the game needs an ending and it's missing.  Plenty of games are open ended and it makes sense, but this game begs for a definitive ending: does he escape or is he trapped?

Awesome job on 2nd place.  Gameplay-wise, I think BCR is way beyond Beacon... but people are suckers for nice presentation.
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 08:51:38 AM »

But I like how the blackness is the same color as the blocks!  Makes it seem like your visual radius is a physical thing and makes it feel more claustrophobic.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 09:11:53 AM by Matt Thorson » Logged

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 03:18:07 PM »

Yeah, I'm with Matt on this one; it adds a level of confusion and forces more thorough exploration.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2009, 06:22:22 PM »

OK, I've finally played this game now. It's pretty awesome.

Hugest Suggestion: Allow numbers and possible letters to be placed on the map. I suck at pixeling, so I'm not even trying to use the map, but if I could jot down numbers/letters, I could at least map a rudimentary location guide for powerups/orbs/gems.
gmars3yp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 06:53:05 PM »

The game is a metaphor for life ... which makes me feel somewhat doomed...

but it's fun!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic