Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:01:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBlock Towers - v1.0 released!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Block Towers - v1.0 released!  (Read 25111 times)
Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 07:34:40 PM »

I've played it mostly (55ish% of the time) three player, and it works ok. Though I find that a teammate is actually more of a liability than an asset. Two players eating up block shares. Two players eating up lives when the tower is bombed or shot to nothing. You think one player could jump over to the other tower and try to knock the other guy off while the other teammate offers fire support, but no. Team killing is just as likely as good teamwork.

Still great fun, though.
Gauss Jordan
Level 2

This world!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 01:40:52 AM »

What an awesome game! I will definetely grab some friends to play this :D

The style of the game is just perfect and the player charaters are plain awesome.

The only flaw I found was that the menu constantly flickered...

Beer!

Lefty-concepty, righty-pixley, but bothey programmey.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 11:58:20 AM »

The only flaw I found was that the menu constantly flickered...
That, my friend, was not a bug, it is a feature!

So, v1.0 has been really delayed, but I'll get it done in the coming week I hope to get this over with. I'll also look into releasing a Mac version.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 06:47:47 AM »

So, finally, v1.0! Nothing much changed, but some bullshit code removed and some other things fixed so that the game will propably run a little faster. It turned out about 30% of my code was old code that I used to debug and stuff, that was now sitting around as comments in the real code Screamy I deleted it all.

Download:
http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=92297
(Of course I have also changed link on front page)

Also I have tried to compile a mac version. It works but...  Droop None of my trusty extras can run on mac, so there are a few things about it that kind of suck. I can't support joysticks or read or write to the textfiles or anything like that.

And also also, I had a friend over and made a little video, you should check it out!

Hand Shake Left Grin Hand Shake Right

ChevyRay
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »

On today's Bytejacker Smiley

http://www.bytejacker.com/episodes/061
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »

Damnit, this game is Fricking Awesome! =D
I played it for hours with my friend! =D

The only problem we had was that when you try to super jump by throwing a block downwards it wouldn't work when you kept right of left pressed, and because of that you could jump less far and we fell a lot XD
Also, the kicking mechanism requires almost spastic reflexes to get the move going (maybe it's easier on controllers, I don't know)

But! We Really Really Really Loved it! =D
Great work! ^^

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 10:08:34 PM »

Congratulations on get on Bytejacker's Free Indie Rapid Fire.  Beer!

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 10:31:10 PM »

Thanks a lot! A little bad luck though that I got on the same episode as Au Sable :D But winning the poll isn't that important, it has still made many people find and play the game  Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmileyHand Thumbs Up Right

EDIT:
It's also on pixel prospector, where it has been marked with the tag "playable" :D Great to know that it doesnt collapse on itself every second minute... I hope...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 10:49:17 PM by JLJac » Logged
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 01:14:03 PM »

Thanks a lot! A little bad luck though that I got on the same episode as Au Sable :D But winning the poll isn't that important, it has still made many people find and play the game  Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmileyHand Thumbs Up Right

EDIT:
It's also on pixel prospector, where it has been marked with the tag "playable" :D Great to know that it doesnt collapse on itself every second minute... I hope...
well the "playable" tag just means that you can actually download at least a demo.  Wink
used that tag to let the readers instantly know which games they can already play...cause there are also games on PP that only have some screens or a gameplay video...
one click on the playable tag and *woosh* you get those games that you can already download nicely presented in a list.  Beer!

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 07:07:42 AM »

Ah, I see!  Droop
Feliz Lombriz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 04:41:55 PM »

The link is down and there's a message saying all of WillHostForFood is dead. Could you host it somewhere like Skydrive or Divshare? They've been pretty stable for me.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 10:01:13 PM »

Yeah, WillHostForFood usually goes down a day or two every second month or so, should've thought of that. Here's a MSN upload:

http://cid-5762070d2575b6b4.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Block%20Towers.rar?lc=1053

EDIT: Whoa, just read the WHFF page, seems pretty serious this time! Or maybe it's just a smart trick, he will definitly get those 700 dollars he was asking for Wink
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 10:04:46 PM by JLJac » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic