Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 06:42:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Tela
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Tela  (Read 3177 times)
Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2009, 08:27:16 PM »

Is it too late for Tela?
Irregardless, I've zealously made a tentative move list for him. According to TigDB his game Guardian of Paradise is one of the top ten downloaded so notoriety shouldn't be an issue.

Tela is not exceptionally strong or fast. However, he's very versatile, and his main strength comes from being able to inflict status ailments on his opponents by using his spirit companions. [btw i tried to remember all of the names of the spirits but I forgot the name of the grass spirit (water spirit is Mizuchi, wind spirit is Kirin, flame spirit is Leo, and dark spirit is Yomi)]

A - Slash. A weak slash of Tela's sword with almost no knockback.

A> - ?

A^ - Overhead Slash. Contrary to what you might think, this attack does not actually project enemies into the air like Nikujin's Upwards slash. It's more like Tela is trying to swat flies above him with his sword. Useful for punishing opponents who try to jump on him. Probably his most useful aerial attack.

Av - Forest Spirit/Stamp. Tela throws the Forest Spirit at his opponents. Once thrown, it can be picked up by other players for a short while before it disappears and Tela can use it again. Be careful, it's heavier than it looks!

S - Sea Spirit/Rain Bullet. Tela grabs Mizuchi from under his cape (the best place for an adventurer to keep any ancient spirit!) and uses him like a water gun, shooting out water pellets that can be charged to become more powerful. If the status ailment is succesful the opponent will turn a shade of blue and start moving slower gradually until he freezes altogether. Only fully charged water bullets will cause the status ailment.

S> - Dark Spirit/Mad Dash. Tela dashes straight through his opponent with a dark aura protecting him. If the status ailment is succesful, the opponent will turn a shade a purple and gradually lose HP for a short period of time after the initial attack (basically like poison).

S^ - Sky Spirit/Crescent Wind. Tela slashes his opponent with the wind tiara in an uppercut like fashion that projects the opponent into the air.

Sv - Flame Spirit/High Fire. Tela breathes fire at the enemy. If the status ailment is succesful, the opponent will turn a shade of red and he will be unable to stop moving entirely.

I tried to make a sprite before but I'm suffering a severe case of artist's block as of late. If the idea's not rejected I'll try my hand at one soon.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:31:30 AM by Dailyman » Logged
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 08:58:54 PM »

You should probably have mentioned that we're talking about the main character of Guardian of Paradise here.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea. I really liked Guardian of Paradise, but I hardly ever see it mentioned on Tigsource, so I don't know how popular it is.

The moveset sounds pretty good, I like idea of using status ailments. My only criticism would be that the S^ would need to carry Tela upward as well.

Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 09:46:44 PM »

Oh I thought there was a soft ban on new chars until we finished the ones that have already been started... Mind if I have a crack at Spelunker?
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 11:43:25 PM »

Oh I thought there was a soft ban on new chars until we finished the ones that have already been started... Mind if I have a crack at Spelunker?
It depends on what you mean by that. I think Spelunker is a confirmed character, so you should be OK to make a sprite or movelist for him. You should probably hold off making a thread, though.

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 06:11:06 AM »

I think the general rule is if you have nothing to do (ie coder) on the current characters, then you can start on what's next.  There's no reason to stop from doing anything just because your waiting on animators to finish up the current characters. (then they'd have to wait for the next character to be coded before they could do any work!)

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 07:40:17 PM »

1- No new threads until character approval. That's why we have the character suggestion thread. You can continue the discussion there.

2- The character suggestion isn't bad. Akuji the Demon is probably the more well-known character from that designer, though.

3- The move list looks okay.

4- If there's enough interest, I'll create a Spelunker thread.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic