Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411501 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:50:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCaptain Forever
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Captain Forever  (Read 160108 times)
Matthew Longworth
Level 0

This will require EFFORT

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 06:42:30 AM »

Wow, very nice.  I'm having far too much fun slowly dancing around the larger enemies, slowly chipping away their engines so I can get a clean shot at their core and steal all their nice toys.  Or, failing that simply ramming into them firing wildly and hoping for the best  Smiley

Unfortunately, one game ended in a strange way - my ship picked up a constant velocity from somewhere and I began to drift through space with my engines off.  Adding and removing a small girder from the outside of the ship sometimes changed the vector of this thrust.

Even after self destructing with Shift-C I kept drifting, and the relief module never caught up to me.

Time to play again get back to work.  This game is awesome.
Steve Swink
Swank
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 06:46:52 AM »

Oh, and have you seen Steve's prison ship? He enclosed two lone command modules in his vessel, which not only looked cool but also totally haxed my population management code!
Yes, and it's awesome.

What did you do to prevent this? (if you have done anything)

Why would you want to prevent it? It filled my heart with glee!  Tears of Joy

Steve Swink
Game Designer, Enemy Airship
Content Director, IGF
sswink (at) enemyairship(dot) com
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 06:51:42 AM »

Oh, and have you seen Steve's prison ship? He enclosed two lone command modules in his vessel, which not only looked cool but also totally haxed my population management code!
Yes, and it's awesome.

What did you do to prevent this? (if you have done anything)

Why would you want to prevent it? It filled my heart with glee!  Tears of Joy

Well it's awesome and all but if the world stops spawning ships...there'll be nobody to capture.

Question: Didn't that thing steer a lot left?

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 07:09:54 AM »

Holy shit dude that is awesome. You can actually convince more garbage-collection-warning drones to come visit at the start...

do a check if a command modules has weapons,  if not consider it inoffensive and spawn another enemy ship Smiley

Oh a cool thing could be to include special enemy command modules with the power to take pieces like yourself, but that could lead to strange things, like seeing a gigantic ship blasting lots of smaller ones to became bigger and bigger Who, Me?

Anyway i love this game, reminds a bit of Sinistar, only that in this game Sinistar IS YOU  Kiss

BEWARE, I LIVE

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 07:14:56 AM »

Holy shit dude that is awesome. You can actually convince more garbage-collection-warning drones to come visit at the start...

do a check if a command modules has weapons,  if not consider it inoffensive and spawn another enemy ship Smiley
But wouldn't that create a huge load if many ships are disarmed but never used/killed?

Maybe giving them a time, how much time they can live without anything attached to them? Or just starting to chip off their health slowly if they have nothing attached.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 07:48:08 AM »

Maybe giving them a time, how much time they can live without anything attached to them? Or just starting to chip off their health slowly if they have nothing attached.

maybe if they doesn't have weapons, because a player can "trick" the game leaving modules without weapons going around....

a solution could be that enemy modules without weapons self-destruct in 120 seconds, starting to blink at 60-90 to give you some time to escape... maybe even doing an explosion similar to the nemesis one but smaller

Dragonmaw
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 07:56:11 AM »

Farbs has built the best browser game of the year.

A++
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »

|             
              +             
            |---|           
            |   |           

|   | |   | |   |     

+   +  | |  +   +     
    ---
--- /---\ --- ---   
    |  =
|  =| @ |=  |=  |   
    ---
--- |---| --- ---   

> | | | | | | <       

|   |---|   |       
        |   | ^ |   |       
        |---|   |---|       

^       ^         

Pilot this vessel
Bought it a few hours ago. (Anything to support Farbs <3) Loving it, this is the best ship I've had thus far. Is there some way that I could change the email address associated with my account? I don't have a debit card, so I had to use my father's which is tied to the family email address on Paypal, not mine.

If anyone has qualms about performance, don't worry. I'm running it on a netbook, and as long as I don't use the webcam it's fine.

Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2009, 04:31:14 PM »

Hey Tanner,

Chuck me an email ([email protected]) with your address and preferred first and last names. I'll move your account.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 04:52:14 PM »

Sent!

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »

I was sold as soon as I saw the little thrust and turning jets on the core player module.
This looks so beautiful, Farbs. I'll definitely buy in as soon as I have a bit of spare cash.
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 06:57:37 PM »

I'm still confused what the actual platform is here.

This is a ... browser game? So is it Flash? Unity? What?

Can you play it on mac/linux? Does it have the performance issues Flash games seem to on macintoshes?

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 07:09:56 PM »

I'm still confused what the actual platform is here.

This is a ... browser game? So is it Flash? Unity? What?

Can you play it on mac/linux? Does it have the performance issues Flash games seem to on macintoshes?
It's flash. I haven't tried it on Linux yet, and I don't own a mac.
ctankep
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »

This game has a really cool idea that I don't think has been done successfully before...
If the free version is fun I'll buy the full version...

^

Ah, get some old. Captain Forever looks really nice an' wonder if there's going to be any discount for Rock, Paper, Scissors champ-ongs. Virtual re-match are go for double or nothing messrs Farbs! Let's pay your rent, meanwhile come into my time machine little boy an' I'll show you a thing or two [ wuho ] ..

Wikipedia : Sundog Frozen Legacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/index.html?curid=231176

Really loved this game back in th' day, though probably spent most of my time walking around or swapping out bits of spaceship engine without much knowing what was going on. Suppose th' way it hinted at such a grand sense of scale with it's Autoduel-like piddly block cities an' slow walkin' was enough for a fertile young brain to extrapolate to th' n-th. FTL FTW, jesus christ just look at 'em! team! jackets! silver! hotness   Hand Thumbs Up Left ..

FTL Away Team / not just Dungeon-meisters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BruceNancyWayne.jpg

Respect,

-- Chuan
YagerX
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2009, 10:25:08 PM »

This is awesome!  Hand Shake Left  Crazy Hand Shake Right
Also anyone have that code for the autopilot?

mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2009, 12:09:50 AM »

Sadly the export thingy only registers things that are attached to the ship Sad (at least I haven't been able to save it)

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2009, 01:09:47 AM »

will the full version be stand alone?  Beg maybe with Air support or something, i don't mind if it will connect and check for things, but i'd love to play it outside my browser

Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2009, 05:42:22 AM »

I can get you the info thing attached to your ship, but it will only act as another command module.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2009, 05:53:19 AM »

I can get you the info thing attached to your ship, but it will only act as another command module.

cool how to do that? :O

Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2009, 10:45:37 AM »

I don't remember exactly, and I have to get to class, but it was related to the url from either a command module with just a gun or the command module with a gun and an engine.

http://www.captainforever.com/captainforever.php?cfe=nqlb4lb3limwnr
http://www.captainforever.com/captainforever.php?cfe=nqlb4lb3lbqwnr

I think it was the letter i that changes to a b in the second one. There was, I think, a letter that gave the info ship.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic