Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:29:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWiimakes?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wiimakes?  (Read 3040 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2007, 04:52:13 PM »

Well, I was sitting here thinking about the plethora of titles that are seeing new life (or being horribly raised from the dead) on the Wii. While a lot of these titles have been crap it seems that the future is looking up with recent announcements of Okami, Bully and Samda De Amigo. All good games in their own right. Anyways, I was thinking of other games that could be "Wiimaked".

The first game that comes to mind for me is Way of the Samurai:

Parrying, striking and defending would be awesome using the Wii controls if the right developer game around and actually took some care into make it a good game for the Wii and not just a sloppy port.

Jet Set Radio would rock as well:

Imagine using your Wiimote to make your tags around town (shaking it up and then pressing the A button) and using the Wiimote to execute various tricks on you roller blades with a flick of your wrist.

A good 3D Tetris game would take Tetris to the next level. I think a Wiimake of Tetrisphere is in order:

Using the Wiimote to rotate the blocks by actually rotating the remote would be a Tetris experience like no other.

What are some games that you guys would like to see Wiimaked?

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »

On a side note (since I don't see it necessary to start a new thread). Where do you see the future of the Wii's motion control capabilities going? I have thought about this a lot lately and can many possibilities with this technology. And it's still in it's infancy Shocked

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 07:25:21 PM »

I'm totally for a new Jet Set Radio for the Wii. I know the sequels weren't really as good as the original but I would really love to have one on a system I own.

I'm tired of having to borrow my friend's Dreamcast to play it.  Sad
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 09:07:09 PM »

Man, I miss my Dreamcast. I thought about buying one the other day...

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 09:09:38 PM »

Wiimakes that have already come out:
Geometry Wars
Ghost Squad

Wiimakes that are going to come out:
de Blob
Blast Works (Tumiki Fighters)
Samurai Warriors

The artist formally known as "Javet."
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 09:10:47 PM »

Also, Spore is coming on the Wii, too.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 12:25:28 AM »

Also, Spore is coming on the Wii, too.

Yeah, I am pretty stoked to see what they do with it.

moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 01:53:46 AM »

Hmm I bought the new version of Rampage on the Wii around a week ago because I saw it cheap so I thought what the hell. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet though.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 08:34:07 AM »

Hmm I bought the new version of Rampage on the Wii around a week ago because I saw it cheap so I thought what the hell. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet though.
I found it looses its charm after the first level, when the nostalgia wears off.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
idiotmeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 11:43:36 AM »

I think the best thing that they could do right now is make some sort of calibrator for the accelerometers (I think that's what the 'mote and 'chuck use).  In some games, the gestures required need to be really exaggerated in order for them to register, and in others, it seems to be hyper-sensitive.

But on the subject of wiimakes, I would like to see Tie Fighter on the wii.
or Get Force Gemini.
Oh, and Mario Tennis for sure.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 11:56:04 AM »

I think the best thing that they could do right now is make some sort of calibrator for the accelerometers (I think that's what the 'mote and 'chuck use).  In some games, the gestures required need to be really exaggerated in order for them to register, and in others, it seems to be hyper-sensitive.

But on the subject of wiimakes, I would like to see Tie Fighter on the wii.
or Get Force Gemini.

They do need a standard, so that players can get used to it, Nintendo probably has one but won't let other developers have access to it. They really like to hold their cards close to their chest. Gestures are hard though "|" means something and "-" that means something but what does "/" mean?

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 02:28:06 PM »

Fuck yeah, Mario Tennis on the Wii is going to ROCK.

Sega is actually coming out with a Sega Tennis Superstars game. It actually looks pretty cool, they are making the courts into old school Sega game levels like the Green Hill Zone from Sonic and other Sega-centric locales...good stuff, at least level design wise they work very well despite the fact that they have a Tennis court in the middle of them :D

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 06:01:46 PM by skaldicpoet9 » Logged

Chris P
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 08:53:36 PM »

what does "/" mean?
You haven't read much fan fiction, have you?

(Don't Google it. Seriously, don't.)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic