Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:54:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Help my pixels be more artful!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help my pixels be more artful!  (Read 1971 times)
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2009, 05:03:50 PM »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to make art for a game I'm working on. I've never successfully made pixels (or other intricate pictures since maybe elementary school) before, so this is a new thing to me. I was wondering if anyone would mind giving me a few pointers?

My goal is to end up with an animated (probably 8 frame) swimming SCUBA diver. Right now its just filled in blocks with different colors for different parts of the body, with some bubbles. Is there anything glaringly wrong, so far?

Also the reference I'm using is:

I've added arms cause I want them. But they probably look weird because they aren't in the original and I don't really know how to do them.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:08:07 PM by dspencer » Logged

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:47:18 PM »

attach them to the shoulders and everything should be okay son

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 08:19:04 PM »

I just got back and worked on it a little more - I moved the arms closer to the shoulders, I think... I guess maybe only one should be forward at a time? depending on weather he is doing the breast stroke or crawl-ish type of swimming.

ChevyRay
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 08:34:54 PM »

Yeah, the arms are still coming out way too low on his torso. Hold your arms out straight and have a look at them in the mirror. Notice how they go straight across, and are level with the bottom of your neck? That's where you want 'em.
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 09:40:41 PM »

Ugh, I accidentally uploaded the wrong file. Heres with the arms and a little bit of shading

Afinostux
Level 2

Forgotten Beats

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 10:15:35 PM »

Ugh, I accidentally uploaded the wrong file. Heres with the arms and a little bit of shading

Much better. Also, the arm actually is visible in the original:

Arms aren't generally used for anything except maneuvering and holding things when scuba diving, since they provide only a fraction of the thrust that flippers do.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic