Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:24:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDRYPOINT (open source)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: DRYPOINT (open source)  (Read 48431 times)
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 06:59:23 AM »

To contact you in a 3rd place haha.

I find it very fun and I'm not sure about the difficulty because I'm using a laptop trackpad and with slow and deliberate movements I got pretty far before I got annoyed with having to use slow deliberate movements and jumped off.

It's still beautiful though.
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 09:23:22 AM »

I finally got to a computer with a mouse to play it (Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right)

I really like it, played for 12 minutes, enjoyed myself, thought I was cheating, realized that I didn't know where to go after cheating...went back, fell. fun!

It looks like you're already going to address the mouse showing and the sensitivity.

I found myself "cheating" as I said, and I don't know if that is indented (more ways to get to the top) but it felt kinda weird because I missed a whole chunk of the level :/

So far, very nice keep up the good work. (also the visuals are very nice)

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 09:44:48 AM »

by cheating you mean like, looking down and triple, quadruple jumping ? It's a script I made to help myself develop the game SmileyGentleman

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 09:46:31 AM »

I would like some checkpoints please.
mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 09:48:46 AM »

by cheating you mean like, looking down and triple, quadruple jumping ? It's a script I made to help myself develop the game SmileyGentleman
No, I mean like I make a jump (JUST!) and then I look left and see a whole lot of stuff I missed.

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 11:37:48 AM »

Great game, Alice!  I really like all of the designs, especially the well-thought out level designs.  It's a pretty frustrating game, and unforgiving at that.  But that said, I do think it's what gives the game  what it is. 

"Well, you were the one who fell.  Sure you wanna climb that tower all over again?"

Some nice ambient music would make this game perfect.

mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 11:44:34 AM »

I crashed it...

I died a bunch of times in the start (jumped too late or something...) then I looked up and "No more game for you!" *frozen*.

FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 12:45:32 PM »

Man, I love the art in this. Low-poly is just awesome. The whole experience of just exploring this structure is really great, sort of like a 3D Knytt.

Right now I just really wish the mouse would be centered and hidden. Sort of detracts from the whole experience.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 05:18:35 PM »

Thanks so much everyone. So the updates for 1a.1 will be the following ~

1 - Training platform on the water levels. In Progress..
1.5 - A few instructions while going up the early invisible platforms.  In Progress..
2.0 - Hide the friggin mouse - Done!
2.5 -  slow down the sensitivity In Progress..
2.7 - add a crosshair of sort.  Done!
2.9 - Add a height meter.  Done!
3 - Make a cool evolutive soundtrack. In Progress..
4  - Fix a level design mistake in the first blue floor and the misaligned blocks.. - Done!
5 - Make a respawn at the Red Gate and the the wooden IJ. -  Dropped

Thanks so much for the nice feedback haha ^___^ it'll be a fun little game, and it's all your fault  Panda

It is now PPC compatible.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 05:21:59 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 10:50:50 PM »

oh. that image is hilarious.

anyways. sounds promising!

maybe even add a sensitivty setting in the hud or even in an ini/config file. for those who like high or low, etc.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 04:43:50 AM »

Crazy
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:36:14 AM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Pixelfenix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 06:25:43 AM »

I see what you did there....
R
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 02:17:18 PM »

just started playing
loved the look
but the mouse sensitivity is disorienting
astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 06:01:56 PM »

First there was Heat Line, and now we have Silver Line and Dry Point in the forums as well. This is getting confusing... I might have to switch the name of my game.

That said, your actual game looks really awesome Smiley I look forward to more info, etc..

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 07:21:03 PM »

Thanks ^___^

I've started working on a track, I would to know your opinion. Is it too invading ? Try climbing while listening to this, let me know if that works for you : )

LISTEN: UP.mp3

Edit : Fancy new Icon for OS X

Edit : Fancy new splash after loading

XXIIVV

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009, 07:37:30 PM »

this is looking great. good luck with it!

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »

Panda Drypoint v.2a - Second Playable
DOWNLOAD : PC | MAC 5mb.

Are you able to make it to the top of this blue tower, right under the white squares.

Updates Log
2a - The mouse is hidden
2a - Added a crosshair
2a - Added a map or locator
2a - Fixed a few Level Design flaws
2a - Added a track ( ドライポイント U P    by 害意 )
2a - Added a splash screen
2a - Added an application icon for OS X

XXIIVV

LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2009, 12:24:35 AM »

Today is going to be awesome.

Thank you for being the second contributor to Awesome Day 2009.
mark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2009, 12:40:55 AM »

I just installed Batman: AA over the night, but I am more exited about this...I am a strange bugger.

EDIT: You can wall-jump...is this suppose to be there? Made the game much much easier...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 01:05:40 AM by mark » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2009, 05:34:07 AM »

Is that sun-flare effect new? I don't remember it in the other build.

The height indicator is fine for now but I think you can do better than that  Tongue. First I thought it was some weird visual glitch.

I like the track, saw it when you posted it on Twitter but I didn't know you had a new build out yet. If you want the player to make it to the top as fast as possible then this track is perfect. But then you would make it easier, for some reason faster less calm music makes me want to hurry and not take me time, then I fail and I rage and I break things. Ha, that hasn't happened though (yet). More calm, and ambient music should be used instead. Or even just a slower track in general, doesn't have to be sparse or anything..Calming music like Aether (game by edmund), Osmos (hemisphere games), or Blueberry Garden. Just something that is kinda laid back and doesn't put any pressure on the player.

Also there is nothing strange about that, mark. I just bought RE5 and I played the first few levels and that was it. I've played Drypoint much much more (and enjoyed it more) than I have that $50 game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic