Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 08:32:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDRYPOINT (open source)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: DRYPOINT (open source)  (Read 48716 times)
alspal
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2009, 06:50:37 PM »

maybe you could just have the 'escape' button for convienent quiting?
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2009, 07:45:41 PM »

Hard at work on the beta..
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:17:39 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2009, 09:03:34 PM »

I really enjoy the colors you use for your blocks. In fact, I love just about every texture in this game.

|
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2009, 06:22:38 AM »

Seriously. Wow. This is gorgeous. Will you art for me?

I think I love you.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2009, 05:25:17 PM »

New release, with a new level. Smiley And a preview of the second level as well.
DOWNLOAD LATEST : PC | MAC 5mb.

DOWNLOAD OLD VERSION : PC | MAC 5mb.

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
Pixelfenix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »

Ragequit: The game...

Seriously though it's so frustrating when some jumps don't work as intended!
I really like the new first level but I hope the assets from the old first level will be reused!

I got to the second level a few times but I found it too frustrating to redo the first level everytime I miss one of the hard jumps in the second one!
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »

Yum.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2009, 11:30:09 PM »

I'm confused, I'm stuck at the place in the second screenshot. I can't seem to go up much higher? ive tried for the past 15 minutes and cant do it.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2009, 06:43:18 AM »

Look the other way, you can climb by there Smiley

XXIIVV

Bremze
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2009, 09:17:03 AM »

I love the game, it has devoured all my free time today and its really pretty. The reseting to the first level gets more bearable if you do the first level on a timer. Current best : 49.8. That said, fuck those ij jumps, I still can't pull them off consistently.  Cry
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2009, 09:27:28 AM »

49.8  ! woah that's insane ! I don't think I can do faster. I will try

It's a nice idea man, I will put a timer on the UI. That saves the record :D !

XXIIVV

Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2009, 02:09:14 PM »

I think it's extremely rad how I jump and miss the jump and fall all the way to the start and close the game and never play it again.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2009, 02:41:49 PM »

Look the other way, you can climb by there Smiley

I'm sorry, I don't see anywhere to jump.

i've tried going up those blocks on the left but that is impossible. this new version is really frustrating, i dont see what im doing wrong.
sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2009, 03:14:41 PM »

The game is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. You have an almost poetic graphic style, and I think that a fast track like that would ruin the calm mood that I'm currently getting and love from the game.

After playing the latest, there's not many complaints except for the general difficulty of first person platforming. It's just so hard to know how you are going to land when you can't see your feet.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2009, 06:32:40 PM »

allen - I'm sorry, I don't see anywhere to jump.
I made it clearer and I also made an introductory level that is showing the different kind of jumps with low impact misses.

sereneworx - It is so great to hear this from you, your work has been an inspiration to me for a long time Smiley I agree for the calm music, I have been working on something. Hopefully I can include it in the next build ^__^

"when you can't see your feet" : I will figure out something ^___^

DOWNLOAD LATEST : PC | MAC 6mb.

XXIIVV

deathtotheweird
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2009, 07:04:55 PM »

I don't like that new jump mechanic. Too frustrating, I can't even get past the intro screen. It doesn't make sense, there are other ways to add to difficulty then this jump. Or even a "ghost" player that demonstrates the jump for you, to see how it's done? Because honestly the only times I made the jump were pure luck, I had no idea what I really was doing. Adding to the fact that it is a first person perspective game, where platforming is inherently difficult to some.

This is the point where I agree with Zaratustra unfortunately. I really wanted to continue playing it but I couldn't.
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2009, 11:38:18 PM »

I've missed so much of this thread because of homework Sad

Hope it's getting good! Can't wait to play the latest version!

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Bremze
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2009, 05:31:13 AM »

The Tutorial level is great, but the top parts of the floating platforms could be a different colour so its easier to see them.
Is it possible to finish the second level? I'm stuck in the place after several ij jumps and cant seem to get anywhere.

49.8  ! woah that's insane ! I don't think I can do faster. I will try

It's a nice idea man, I will put a timer on the UI. That saves the record :D !

That would be great but if you do, you should add a way to restart the level after finishing it.

I don't like that new jump mechanic. Too frustrating, I can't even get past the intro screen. It doesn't make sense, there are other ways to add to difficulty then this jump. Or even a "ghost" player that demonstrates the jump for you, to see how it's done? Because honestly the only times I made the jump were pure luck, I had no idea what I really was doing. Adding to the fact that it is a first person perspective game, where platforming is inherently difficult to some.

Which jump do you mean?
You could try looking at the video posted on the first page of this thread describing two kinds of special jumps.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 05:45:08 AM by Bremze » Logged
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2009, 06:46:57 AM »

I find it's easier to do ij jumps while looking down.
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2009, 08:50:41 AM »

I got stuck, but enjoyed every minute of getting to the point of stuckness Grin

Great effort so far!

EDIT: And I really love your style! All the tiles look awesome and all the stuff floating in the air feels like it is suppose to be there. I just realized why I'm stuck, there is no more of that level Tongue
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 08:55:17 AM by mark » Logged

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic