Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:52:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsTIGCastTIGcast Official Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGcast Official Discussion Thread  (Read 51092 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2009, 01:13:32 PM »

The long-awaited first edition of the TIGsource podcast is now live! We will be setting up some RSS feeds and other such deliciousness, but for those that are reading this thread, have a little early-access goodness. There's discussions about bob's game, the Love alpha, and flash on phones. And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

TIGsource Podcast 001 - Flash in the Pan

Guests:
Dock
YagerX
godsavant
C418

MP3: TIGcast 001
Mirror: zShare
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:52:43 PM by Dragonmaw » Logged
YagerX
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »

Will spend today spiffying up the website  Cool
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:59:30 PM by YagerX » Logged

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2009, 02:08:25 PM »

Whoo!! Tigcastic!
Great work Dragonmaw!

Watch out tiggers, we're coming in your ears!

twitter: @docky
godsavant
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2009, 02:35:10 PM »

FRONTPAGE.

FUND IT.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2009, 02:39:12 PM »

Haha!  I finally got mentioned on the front page.   :D

YagerX
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2009, 02:45:46 PM »

FTPing it to mah server and putting it on the wordpress.
Paul, can you edit the post later? I think people'd like a direct dl better?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2009, 02:52:05 PM »

the mp3 on my site is a direct download already, but yes, if you put up another mirror i'll add it

godsavant
« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »

When will we be going up on iTunes? I don't expect it to be until we have a few more episodes ready. Good work on editing, James, although there are some awkward cuts and pauses during sentences.

Also, nice nod towards the stealth edit w/ the MGS sound effects.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2009, 03:24:24 PM »

So...apparently I made Target:  Terror?   :D

(to be fair, from what I've heard about it, it's the type of game I would make)

godsavant
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2009, 03:36:19 PM »

You should be proud.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2009, 03:37:20 PM »

When will we be going up on iTunes? I don't expect it to be until we have a few more episodes ready. Good work on editing, James, although there are some awkward cuts and pauses during sentences.

Also, nice nod towards the stealth edit w/ the MGS sound effects.
I don't know what happened with the streams. Most of them were forward by 5 seconds in one place, behind 5 seconds in another. Strange stuff. I did my best to cut it down and eliminate most of the glaring issues.
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2009, 03:47:09 PM »

This one was a lot better than #0. Good job guys!

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2009, 03:52:07 PM »

I enjoyed the discussion about LOVE the most, it seemed like that's where you guys got in your groove.

Will you be posting these separately in their own thread? I think it'd be a good idea, perhaps to have a section of the forum (if you get enough of them done) where we can discuss each one separately within their own thread. The way I'm thinking of it is how GWJ does their conference calls: www.gamerswithjobs.com

unsolicited crit: i think people could stand to be about 5 levels more excited/lively. It seems a lot of people were worried about tripping over eachothers words or chiming in when that would bring about more of a natural feel. I know some people who do remote podcasting like this turn on the webcam portion so they can get a vibe for if someone is interested and pick up on their body language so everyone knows they want to talk and you don't have to interrupt the audio.

YagerX
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2009, 04:28:20 PM »

I agree :D Just look at the Giant bomb, Bombcast!
On the other had finished uploading and here it is on the (un)official tigcast page?

Dragonmaw
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2009, 05:35:20 PM »

I enjoyed the discussion about LOVE the most, it seemed like that's where you guys got in your groove.

Will you be posting these separately in their own thread? I think it'd be a good idea, perhaps to have a section of the forum (if you get enough of them done) where we can discuss each one separately within their own thread. The way I'm thinking of it is how GWJ does their conference calls: www.gamerswithjobs.com

unsolicited crit: i think people could stand to be about 5 levels more excited/lively. It seems a lot of people were worried about tripping over eachothers words or chiming in when that would bring about more of a natural feel. I know some people who do remote podcasting like this turn on the webcam portion so they can get a vibe for if someone is interested and pick up on their body language so everyone knows they want to talk and you don't have to interrupt the audio.
I would like a section in the forums specifically for the TIGcast updates, such as arranging topics, guests, and other such nonsense. Up to Derek, of course.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2009, 08:28:21 PM »

This is a bump, but will we get "official" recognition?  Beg
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2009, 07:50:27 AM »

There's some not-so-awkward silences in-between topics of discussion, but overall it's pretty cool, I'll keep tuning in.

And why do I keep hearing the Metal Gear Solid's "!" sound in the background? Is it a ringtone or something? Maybe I'm just hearing things.
godsavant
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »

There's some not-so-awkward silences in-between topics of discussion, but overall it's pretty cool, I'll keep tuning in.

And why do I keep hearing the Metal Gear Solid's "!" sound in the background? Is it a ringtone or something? Maybe I'm just hearing things.

I think that's to denote "stealth edits", although I could be wrong.
YagerX
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2009, 12:40:24 PM »

Hah! I kept thinking it was my twitter alert.

godsavant
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2009, 11:40:56 PM »

Alright, so I take it we're getting down for yet another 'cast this Saturday, same time, same place? If so, I think it might be good to take some community requests or topics until then, so if anyone has anything they'd like brought up (or pimped, in some cases), post it in this thread; we'll get to most questions, if not this episode, then eventually. This goes along with the frontpage suggestions about having at least some sort of rough script for each episode.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic