Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 02:21:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsTIGCastTIGcast Official Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGcast Official Discussion Thread  (Read 51048 times)
godsavant
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »

Aaw. Well, we're getting there...if we count Episode 00.

Also, I assume we're recording again this Saturday, back at the usual 3:00 PST timeslot. Post if that's alright with all of you; I've got some advising to get done on Saturday, but hopefully that won't be until the evening.

As for topics...well, the frontpage really isn't giving us much to go on this week. We already talked about Gratuitous Space Battles last episode, as well as the issue of pretentiousness, which certainly applies to Dungeon. This is a good chance to pimp some topics, people.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 06:24:26 PM by godsavant » Logged
dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2009, 09:41:40 AM »

Topics I'd like to hear:

1. Assemblee. With the end of phase one in sight, and phase two drawing nigh, it would be interesting to hear people's impression of the competition so far, and about collaborative game development in general. Does it work? Why do so many collaborative projects die? What can we do about it?

2. "What I'm working on at the moment". If any of the speakers are working on their own games, I really want to hear about it. It's always fascinating to get behind-the-scenes info, and insights into other people's game-development processes. Even if the games themselves aren't all that ambitious. For me, the question "What have you been working on recently?" is more interesting than "what have you been playing recently?" (although this too has proved an fruitful starting point).

3. A theme tune. I said this already. I really mean it!

Dragonmaw
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2009, 10:12:45 AM »

Topics I'd like to hear:

1. Assemblee. With the end of phase one in sight, and phase two drawing nigh, it would be interesting to hear people's impression of the competition so far, and about collaborative game development in general. Does it work? Why do so many collaborative projects die? What can we do about it?

Already on it! #3 has this in it. #4 will probably involve talking a bit about the various entries.

2. "What I'm working on at the moment". If any of the speakers are working on their own games, I really want to hear about it. It's always fascinating to get behind-the-scenes info, and insights into other people's game-development processes. Even if the games themselves aren't all that ambitious. For me, the question "What have you been working on recently?" is more interesting than "what have you been playing recently?" (although this too has proved an fruitful starting point).

We've touched upon this in the past, but never really gone in-depth. We'll give it a try!

3. A theme tune. I said this already. I really mean it!

AFAIK C418 is on it. If anyone else is willing to craft up a theme for us, though, that would be lovely.

Also, I assume we're recording again this Saturday, back at the usual 3:00 PST timeslot. Post if that's alright with all of you; I've got some advising to get done on Saturday, but hopefully that won't be until the evening.
Yessir, normal time slot. Topics will include what we are playing, working on, and the end of the Assemblee competition. I'd also personally like to discuss the "classic works into silly games" topic in the forums (see the Dante's Inferno thread). Lots of comic potential there Wink
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2009, 10:59:27 AM »

I'll be there!  Or, rather, I'll be at home projecting my voice through the interwebs.

dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2009, 12:19:26 PM »

I'd also personally like to discuss the "classic works into silly games" topic in the forums (see the Dante's Inferno thread). Lots of comic potential there Wink

Indeed. I think that and the "Meri No Geimu development thread" are the two most hilarious threads going at the moment. And talking about it on the TIGcast will up the likelihood of it becoming an actual competition, which I'm totally up for.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2009, 01:32:13 PM »

Just so you guys know, I'll probably be about 15 minutes late or so for showing up online.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »

#4 is now recorded and in processing. I'd like to urge people to jump on and talk. However, you do need to have a mic, recording software, and Skype. YOu also need to have little or no noise in your feed.

So far, malec2b, godsavant, and I have been the most common people. But we'd like to see more!
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2009, 06:12:22 PM »

Although I'm not super-duper-into-it-famous-indie-guy, I'd totally love to try and pitch in to the next one.  Kiss
Don't criticize my slightly mutilatory teenage voice.  Grin

Why don't you guys try to get an iTunes podcast channel up?
I'm not sure on the process involved in doing that, but I'm almost sure it's nothing complicated.

godsavant
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2009, 06:43:52 PM »

Like Eric McQuiggan said, we need 5 episodes to get an iTunes feed; if we count episode 0, we'd be eligible, but we really don't want to do that.
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »

Yeah, I think counting that would basically be self-sabotage.  :D
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2009, 11:34:24 PM »

if you want me to be a part just E-mail me([email protected])with the info, id be happy to help.
-Edmund
godsavant
« Reply #191 on: November 23, 2009, 11:39:24 PM »

Ooh, that would be nice! We might want to wait until we get an iTunes feed before we bust out that exclusive, though.  Wink
dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2009, 03:21:00 AM »

Help, I'm a bit confused. I've listened to #01 and #02, and tried to listen to #00, and now you're talking about #04, which leads me to believe I've missed one, unless you're being inconsistent in your numbering scheme.

Either way, it may be that I'm being really stupid, but I can't find a link anywhere to take me to an archive of all the available Tigccasts for streaming or download.

Dragonmaw, could you edit the OP to include links to all the episodes to date?

Thanks. I'm being demanding because I'm a fan.  Beer!

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2009, 09:00:12 AM »

We record in advance so we have a buffer/time to edit the podcast.  Podcast #3 should be up some time today, and Podcast #4 should be a couple weeks from now.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2009, 11:12:37 AM »

We record in advance so we have a buffer/time to edit the podcast.  Podcast #3 should be up some time today, and Podcast #4 should be a couple weeks from now.
This is correct. The normal release date is the Tuesday immediately following the most recent podcast recording. This may seem silly, but it actually has two purposes. The first is that it gives me plenty of time to edit. The second is that we will always have a podcast waiting in the wings in case we can't record that week.
godsavant
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2009, 08:06:59 PM »

Podcast #3 should be up some time today

*checks watch*
Dragonmaw
« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2009, 10:56:54 AM »

Sorry about that. Yesterday was crazy on the job front. Podcast #3 is definitely going up today.
godsavant
« Reply #197 on: November 26, 2009, 12:15:17 PM »

*checks watch*
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2009, 02:18:41 PM »

:D
esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »

Since this is a page for people who like to listen to indie people, and the actual tigcast has been overdue for a while, here's a panel with Messhof, cactus and Auntie Pixelante/Anna Anthropy

mp3

edit: the first 20 minutes or so are just prep and video reels, not really interesting to listen to

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 03:43:52 PM by Esquar » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic