Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:23:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsTIGCastTIGcast Official Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGcast Official Discussion Thread  (Read 51153 times)
godsavant
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2009, 11:01:14 PM »

If everybody starts recording at the same time, it's a lot easier than you would think. I use Audacity, and it supports multi-track stuff, so we can each turn on the recording at the same time and then start. It'll certainly make editing things together easier, and may alleviate lag concerns (as some people are across the pond, lag might cause voices to blur together).

Okay, but for me (as well as any future TIGCasters), could you write some simple instructions on how to record and package the audio files in Audacity?

As far as hosting and directing the conversation goes, I was planning on doing that, and I'm really sorry. Headset death + connection drop = disaster.

No, no, you were fine. I was referring more to Garnet than anyone else.

Either way, TIGcast Zero: Prototype Edition will be up within the next day or two as I edit it together. It's our little test.

I'm trembling with anticipation.

Who is game for another cast this Saturday?

I'm up for one anytime, but do you mean next Saturday (the 10th)?
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2009, 11:04:12 PM »

I probably can't do next Saturday (as in one week from today), but I can probably join in on the Saturday after that.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2009, 07:30:29 AM »

If everybody starts recording at the same time, it's a lot easier than you would think. I use Audacity, and it supports multi-track stuff, so we can each turn on the recording at the same time and then start. It'll certainly make editing things together easier, and may alleviate lag concerns (as some people are across the pond, lag might cause voices to blur together).

Okay, but for me (as well as any future TIGCasters), could you write some simple instructions on how to record and package the audio files in Audacity?

As far as hosting and directing the conversation goes, I was planning on doing that, and I'm really sorry. Headset death + connection drop = disaster.

No, no, you were fine. I was referring more to Garnet than anyone else.

Either way, TIGcast Zero: Prototype Edition will be up within the next day or two as I edit it together. It's our little test.

I'm trembling with anticipation.

Who is game for another cast this Saturday?

I'm up for one anytime, but do you mean next Saturday (the 10th)?
Yes, TIGjam time. For those that can't go.

Also, for those waiting, don't expect a lot of the podcast to be understandable unless you listen very, very closely. I am doing my best to edit out confusing parts, but noise removal definitely does not agree with Dock's accent or Paul's natural quietness.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2009, 08:05:26 AM »

Snag! I'm sad I missed out, but it sounds like you had a full crew.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
godsavant
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2009, 01:02:50 PM »

Snag! I'm sad I missed out, but it sounds like you had a full crew.

Yes, although DragonMaw mentioned scaling down the number of people on at once, we could still rotate people in and out after every break segment.

Speaking of which...we need to have break segments.
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2009, 02:24:19 PM »

If one person is hosting, and one person is due to speak at a time then it should be much easier to keep it in control. If you interrupt someone during their segment you know that they have priority over you. 

I'll update Skype, sorry about that! XD IM during it would help a lot, especially if you can say 'me!' on there if you especially want to speak for a moment. Like Malec says, there's no way to control this entirely, and there is always going to be banter to some extent. I think we started to get used to it over the course of the podcast though. Smiley

This one was always going to be pretty chaotic, as most of us don't have experience with skype podcasting before now, so this was something of a trial run.  People should check their equipment and charge their batteries (or run off mains ideally) next time too Smiley Many of us ran into technical difficulties, myself included!

twitter: @docky
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2009, 04:24:44 PM »

Hey, came in this late. I found my microphone headset, and would totally love to join in on this! Am I too late, or what? And (assuming from the last post) like most of you I too am unskilled in this. Luckily, mic sets don't require batteries.  Wink
godsavant
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2009, 09:42:42 AM »

For anyone interested in recording for the next podcast, here's an excellent tutorial for how to record podcasts in Audacity (with LAME library add-on, of course).
Dragonmaw
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2009, 12:02:59 PM »

Here be Krakens. As well as the Prototype, Brought-To-You-By-Rapture edition of the TIGsource Podcast!

For this first one, it is only available in MP3 format through zShare, since it ended up being screwed over by stupid shareware recording features. It sounds like everyone is in a bathysphere!

Also, NO MUSIC OR BREAKS FOR YOU.

TIGsource Podcast 000 - Prototype Edition

Guests:
Dragonmaw
malec2b
Dock
Cthulu32
godsavant
RinkuHero

Topics:
RunMan
Canabalt
Achievements in games
Finishing your game

MP3: TIGcast 000 - Prototype Edition - 35.01MB
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:41:33 PM by Dragonmaw » Logged
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2009, 12:13:16 PM »

Man, that's one psychedelic podcast.  At least you can tell who is who by what crazy effect is going on with their voice.  :D

ortoslon
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2009, 03:16:49 PM »

i tried to listen, but couldn't understand anything. you should cut this podcast into samples and make lots of psytrance with them.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2009, 03:20:58 PM »

Yeah, I think over the weekend, I'm going to put a guitar track behind it and make it a Pink Floyd style psychedelic piece.   Wink

godsavant
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2009, 03:32:04 PM »

What? This is nearly unlistenable Epileptic! I think it'd be better to post the un-edited version, as well, since it was at least easier to understand people once you got used to the hiss. I'm not going to bother editing it further, though, it seems the software did a number.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2009, 04:00:05 PM »

let's just make another and forget this one ever happened

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2009, 04:10:16 PM »

It can only get better from here onwards! Whoo!!

twitter: @docky
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2009, 04:21:20 PM »

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2009, 05:49:43 PM »

You should have heard it before they did some magic on it and made it somewhat listenable. It was like "PFFFFWWWWWWFFFFFFFF" although you can kind of hear me :3 I'm going to try to convince some Tigjammers this weekend to do a quick 30-45 minute podcast, but we shall see where that leads to.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2009, 07:35:44 PM »

It's listenable once you get used to the weird effects, especially on Dock's voice. I also think that godsavant, malec, and cthulu came in fine. But I agree, it's shite for recording quality. Hence being zero and prototype edition Tongue

We'll be doing another one within the next two weeks.
godsavant
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2009, 09:05:13 PM »

I vote this Saturday, I just bought a $40 headset and I really want to use it. This is the first time a podcast effort has gotten off the ground, and I really want to keep it up.

Plus TIGJam.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2009, 09:20:44 PM »

I vote this Saturday, I just bought a $40 headset and I really want to use it. This is the first time a podcast effort has gotten off the ground, and I really want to keep it up.

Plus TIGJam.
I'm game for it this Saturday. We need at least 4 people to participate, though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic