Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 07:11:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsDTW - Desert Wasteland
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DTW - Desert Wasteland  (Read 3460 times)
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« on: September 23, 2009, 04:27:10 PM »

In the near future, a solar flare kills everyone over the age of thirty. And everyone under the age of thirty. And everyone exactly the age of thirty. And everything else. This is its story.

Desert Wasteland runs parallel to the new TV series of the same name, which tells the story of the dying human race. We here at Second Law Games are excited to have the opportunity of presenting the misunderstood solar flare's story. In Desert Wasteland: The Game, players will take the role of the sun and manage the distribution of sunspots and timing to create Sick Combos of solar flares that raise the Earth's temperature and reduce its population.

Today's the busiest day of the week, so I didn't get much done.

Gameplay first, graphics later.

Day 2 (so far). Added population simulation and solar magnetic simulation and worked some on graphics because that's what I felt like doing. It looks like I'm leaning toward purely procedural graphics...

As it is, the game is going to be really slow. I think I can bend the rules of time a bit to make things more exciting, and possibly make the earth shoot missile at the sun.

Day 3 (finally). Added a missile class to handle missiles from the earth and flares from the sun. Flare missiles work. Made two earth missiles(pictured): ice (reduces health) and EM (reduces sunspots).

I think that letting the earth shoot back is the key to making the game at least a little fun (and someone suggested multiplayer).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:35:36 PM by Gold Cray » Logged
LazyWaffle
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 03:25:56 PM »

I don't know what I just walked into, but it's something awesome Kiss
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 04:36:55 PM »

it's something awesome
I certainly hope so, but given my track record...
I'll at least gain some more experience.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 10:20:41 PM »

THE SUN IS PLEASED
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic