Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:37:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsfflood
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: fflood  (Read 3073 times)
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2009, 09:57:15 AM »

fflood is a game about construction. I'm sure there is enough destruction in games nowadays. You travel to distant planes to defend the servers there and make sure aliens will not destroy your expensive technology. There will be multiple missions, and an intersting story.

I have been working on this quite a while ago, and picked it up again recently. Want it completed soonish, not to last forever.

The gameplay is fairly complex, there are a lot of rules I added to make it interesting and balancing. Since I have no real reference for games like this, making it is a free thing. You could describe it as tf2 engineer meets tower defense, but it's not really that.
Anyway...

The original plan was to sell this game as begware©. You will have to pay, but good reasons for not having money will get you a free copy.

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 05:24:13 AM by jwaap » Logged

mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 10:34:59 AM »

Looks cool.

Is the main dude naked?

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 11:07:53 AM »

of course!

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »

why the extra f?

jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 11:36:56 AM »

Roll Eyes

fucking flood

also so that it is easily googleble

LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »

I like Tower Defency type things. This looks like a good game and stuff.

I like the idea of begware too. I'm a student Tongue
Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 01:58:59 AM »

Kiss Kiss
I've been keeping my eye on this game.
How many things can you construct(weapons etc). I mean, I've seen only two, the turret and the mine? Surely you've made another big ass weapon we don't know about. Also, the enemies, I've seen 3. Let us in on your little world you have there, I'm really interested.
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 02:02:23 AM »

of course!
Awesome!

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 02:14:03 AM »

I like the idea of begware too. I'm a student Tongue
Well, hello there! Hand Point Right exactly

Kiss Kiss
I've been keeping my eye on this game.
How many things can you construct(weapons etc). I mean, I've seen only two, the turret and the mine? Surely you've made another big ass weapon we don't know about. Also, the enemies, I've seen 3. Let us in on your little world you have there, I'm really interested.

I'm not sure on constructions yet, but I don't want the traditional tower defense splash damage, normal and slow tower crap.

I do want missiles, because those are awesome. Missile sentries will be good against big strong enemies, but will only fire about 3 times before you need to reload them (by shooting them of course), unlike the normal sentries who have 200 bullets with them. Anyway, that's all future stuff. Also some funky things, like power generators and strategic things that you need and that make it all complicated.

Enemies: Those will be different depending on the planet you're on. I'm thinking of around 4 types + some sort of boss per race.

I've just made that destroyed cores/servers create a gamma blast.

Pretty useful, since all enemies nearby are killed, which gives you some money. But it also depowers sentries, so you have to activate them again(by shooting them!). This is so that when you had 4 sentries and 4 cores you won't have 4 sentries + 3 cores, which wont work. Now you get to pick which 3 to reactivate.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:18:02 AM by jwaap » Logged

LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 02:22:01 AM »

I like that you shoot things in this game.
Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 03:44:38 AM »

I've just made that destroyed cores/servers create a gamma blast.

Pretty useful, since all enemies nearby are killed, which gives you some money. But it also depowers sentries, so you have to activate them again(by shooting them!). This is so that when you had 4 sentries and 4 cores you won't have 4 sentries + 3 cores, which wont work. Now you get to pick which 3 to reactivate.
So one less core means one less sentry/weapon?(I'm not sure I get it)
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 04:50:05 AM »

yeah the amount of defenses you can build depends on the amount of cores you have in the level. (see right top number)

EDIT:

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 05:24:49 AM by jwaap » Logged

Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 11:28:04 AM »

Looks awesome.
What bothers me is being limited to only four weapons, or rather to the amount of core's. Like, if I have loads of money, but I only can have four weapons, it means that that money will never get used and is point null to me, it also means that I as a player can't build on my arson of weapons(which seems a bit boring), but until I see the other features of this game or try out the game when you release it I can't really complain.

Good luck to you good sir Gentleman
I'll be looking in on this everyday(I expect updates)
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 09:05:54 AM »

I better update then! Haven't done much work on it because of weird weekend (tee hee) and school now, but anyway:

There won't be 4 cores in every level.

there

Also I've been thinking about power generators that can power turrets close to them. Also shooting a turret powers it (for one shot, but can still help!)

deathtotheweird
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 10:05:39 AM »

that video made me think how great a large map with many groups of cores to protect with a decent amount of firepowers-but against enormous waves of enemies.

that would be great fun. of course, the numbers of enemies and chaos I am dreaming of might slow the game done, unless you do it right (you are using GM right?)

in a way reminds me of Team Fortress games. Except you shoot to repair instead of a wrench. and TF wasn't a TD style game...

also..bosses?.... awesome.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic