Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:16:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWeekend game: My Granpa God
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Weekend game: My Granpa God  (Read 1430 times)
Gauss Jordan
Level 2

This world!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2009, 01:35:17 PM »

I'm in a amazing mood today because me and some other guys from a university computer club decided to have a game development workshop. We plan on working the whole weekend and hope to get at least a playable demo done by then (I'm pretty sure we won't have a perfectly complete game by then, especially considering that the game idea is very open ended and we don't know how long it will be).

After a little discussion we decided that an Zelda-like action RPG was the most fun game to develop. We are now a couple of hours into development and have had a rocket start :D The idea of the game is that it will be played in different epochs of the fantasy world it will be set in. You play as the worlds hero spirit that reincarnates as different warriors. The first epoch is at the very beginning of the world. It is a visionary grandfather and his enthusiastic little grandchild Kip which created the new world. At first there is almost nothing but plain wasteland. Your job is to help your grandfather start up this new world and stand up againt the first evil that the world sees (which would be something very innocent like a crocodile or something like that) with a... wooden stick. Yes... kids do play with sticks :D

Then the spirit moves on to a new epoch where the world needs it's hero once again. This time it's not so innocent, but you will play as an older character. For each new epoch the world grows more and more complex and more and more evil...

Hopefully we will atleast have most of the first epoch done by the end of this weekend Smiley

Some of our first content (it's granpa!):

It's so great and fun to finally work with a team, even though most of us are beginners Smiley

Stay tuned, we will update as often as possible!
/MDFgames

Lefty-concepty, righty-pixley, but bothey programmey.
Gauss Jordan
Level 2

This world!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 05:20:57 PM »

And we have our first tiles!

6 hours have gone since we started and things have started to slow down. People looks tired and it's only me and the main programmer working on the project :/ But we intend to continue and hope our crew will have new energy tomorrow :D

Gauss Jordan
Level 2

This world!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 07:32:46 PM »

Update of mockup:

Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »

Huh?
wait one sec there buddy, whoever's doing the pixel art is trying way to hard to add detail and depth, which isn't always needed. What I see right now is a character on a noisy looking background, there's way to much contrast in those colours. Try brining it down a bit so the contrast is noticeable, but not shouting at the eyes(like it is now)or just remove that last layer of colour.

I made an unfinished, dirty edit, I hope it helps
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic