Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:31:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeLooking for a game/level designer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a game/level designer  (Read 3484 times)
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: September 27, 2009, 04:05:01 PM »

I'm looking to co-operate with a game/level designer for a metroidvania style platformer. I've got a good engine going, graphics, and plans for around 50% of the game (story and environment wise). What I don't feel like doing is designing levels, placing tiles, and thinking up all the cool stuff that will make the filler parts of the game feel interesting (badass enemies, mind blowing puzzles etc). I can do all the programming, graphics, sounds and help come up with ideas for the game, as well as listen to your ideas and take suggestions.

I'd prefer to work with someone that I know has done good work before, but I'll settle for anyone with a decent track record, and who is willing to bend over if I tell them to, yet have a drive to keep the project alive when I'm not in the groove Corny Laugh
ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 04:28:20 PM »

Level design is definitely not my forte (yet, anyways), so I'm not your guy. Either way, good luck with findin' a partner with this, Cactus. It looks really good so far.
Jason Bakker
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 04:43:38 PM »

Haha, if I was still a designer only this would be a dream come true Tongue Good luck to whoever gets it, and make the most of it, it's a really good opportunity Grin

CK
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 04:47:41 PM »

Wizard want Wizard
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 05:06:34 PM by beef » Logged

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 07:40:09 PM »

I can't really offer much help, but best of luck- I absolutely adore the style you're going for.
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »

I probably don't have the track record you're looking for, but I'll hop on the waitlist, as I've always wanted to do a metroidvania.  Smiley
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 05:22:03 AM »

This looks so fantastic! I'm not going to spoil the experience of playing it by making some of it, I hope you find someone really good for the job.
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 06:55:18 AM »

It looks like I've found someone to work with. If things don't work out I'll start the hunt again Beer!
esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 12:01:20 PM »

I am SO up for a chance at this!
If things don't work out, try me out Smiley

For now, best of luck and fun making this.

James Kaudewitz
Level 0

Aughmogmog!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 01:59:01 PM »

My level design suffers, actually. Can't wait to play this, though. I could just look at the screens for an hour!

est. February 2009
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 10:05:34 PM »

Ooh, I'm so tempted. Maybe some other time, for a shorter project? I'd love to do a collaboration with you some day.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 10:16:22 PM »

Man, I wish I hadn't missed this (not that I would have gotten the part anyway Wink)

Anyway, totally putting my name forward if things don't work out/you need a level designer in the future.  I quite enjoy level design.

Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 06:34:10 PM »

who is willing to bend over if I tell them to
I just lost the game.
rogerlevy
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 11:17:57 AM »

If things don't work out I might be interested.  So another card in the hat.  I haven't heard of this kind of setup before, especially since you're a well known game designer looking for someone else to design his game, which is why this is really interesting to me.  There's scant little to go on with me since I haven't released a game yet.  But you can check out my unfinished games (and music) at my website:  Link
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 01:22:01 PM »

Those screenshots look amazing.   Smiley I'm always up for collab if you want to branch out or build up a larger team in the future..
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic