Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:16:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall"Green-Grey World"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: "Green-Grey World"  (Read 11175 times)
lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2009, 01:15:11 PM »

Was just coming here to post that; Thanks for this.

I'm sorry I couldn't work something out with the developer; but I really appreciate your help and cooperation. This whole thing has been a rather frustrating chain of events. Tongue

My games on  GameJolt.com

alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2009, 01:18:22 PM »

Was just coming here to post that; Thanks for this.

I'm sorry I couldn't work something out with the developer; but I really appreciate your help and cooperation. This whole thing has been a rather frustrating chain of events. Tongue

I will whole-heartedly admit that I should have been more sensitive and proactive to your request.  I'm slightly ashamed in myself and where my roots lie (here, that is).   Embarrassed
Zaphos
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2009, 01:39:36 PM »

Quote from: Spil Games
HI Miroslav,Thanks for letting me know. I did not know that game, so I did not know that Green Gray World was a bit of a clone.

We’ll keep a close eye on the game and any legal developments.

Thanks again.

Reply from Spil Games.

I sent them another e-mail pointing out that GGW is not just a bit of a clone and that if I ported original game and tried to look for sponsorship I will be rejected for simple that it is way too similar to GGW.
Maybe they're waiting for an actual cease and desist notice?  Like http://www.utsystem.edu/OGC/INTELLECTUALPROPERTY/contract/cease.htm or etc.

If it's a clear case of copyright infringement, I think that's the sort of thing people send out.
mirosurabu
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »

Newgrounds contacted. (sent PM to Wade)
Greg from Kongregate contacted. (I couldn't figure out where I should report illegal content so I just sent him mail directly)

SpilGames staff doesn't seem to care much. I should ask them clearly to remove the game from their portal I guess.
jazmeister
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2009, 05:15:27 PM »

Definitely do that. It's your content, you have a right to say what happens to it and who uses it, and portals aren't gonna mess you around if you're firm, clear, and polite. Just get all your evidence ready just in case. And brush yo teef!
lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2009, 09:26:22 PM »

I contacted SpilGames yesterday, October 2nd, and I immediately got a reply saying they were out of the office from the 5th to the 8th, and would reply upon return. >.<

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2009, 07:58:24 AM »

Sneaky monkeys; hope this works out for you. The downside of automatic distribution via mochi/flashgamedistribution is there's no automatic removal system for cases like this one.

lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2009, 11:16:52 AM »

Got a reply from SpilGames:

Thanks for contacting me.

I’d like to let you know that we were not aware of this copyright infringement when we decided to purchase Green Grey World. Because we never intended to do anyone harm with this, I’d like to ask you if there is anything we can do for you.
Because we invested in this game, we would rather not take it down from our portals, but maybe there is something else that we can do for you.
In any case, we will discontinue our relationship with the developer of Green Grey World.

Take care,

Miss Martine Spaans  \\  Licensing Manager

Um... Yeah. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, there.

Edit: Actually, misread "we will discontinue our relationship" as "we will continue our relationship." So a little better now. Tongue

mirosurabu
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »

What she can do for you? (:
PlayMeTape
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 02:06:30 AM »

What she can do for you? (:

MONEYZ! Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic