Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:04:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallChroma Cave
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chroma Cave  (Read 1677 times)
UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2009, 03:12:18 PM »

Hey all!

Last week I went to a local gamejam that lasted 24 hours.  I teamed up with an artist and we made this game called Chroma Cave.

What's really awesome is, we won!  I can't believe we won.  Tears of Joy  It's the first thing I ever won.  (granted, there were like five other teams).  We won some cookies and a copy of guitar hero 5 that neither of us knows what to do with.  Shrug

Anyway, I thought I'd share it with everyone.  All we have right now is the 24-hour "demo" version, but we plan on completing it and making like 30+ levels.

You can download it here.

Have fun!  Wink

ionside
Level 1

what was I doing, again?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 05:02:40 PM »

Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but... Congratulations!  Beer!

jazmeister
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 08:28:17 AM »

Eat the guitar hero and play with the cookies, duh.

This is an excellent puzzler! I liked working out how to combine colours. I didn't like accidentally picking up a new light while trying to adjust the height of my current light (my eyes were on the prize, obviously), and I didn't like being unhappy with the placement or angle of a light and having to restart to change it.

If you go for making lots of levels, good for you! Try to explore the idea to its fullest, though. With the current engine, do two reds, a blue and a green make a red, or a white? What about puzzles with lights already placed in the environment?

Great stuff though, really impressed. Took my five minutes to play it :D
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 07:01:14 PM »

I thought this was awesome at the Gamejam.  I look forward to seeing more of it.

UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 08:32:56 PM »

Thanks guys!

@jazmeister:
I'm planning on changing the controls so it's X to pick up a light instead of Z.
Once you drop a light, you can't pick it up --- this is basically an attempt to make the puzzles more interesting.  However, we're thinking of having special pedestals that you can place a head on, and pick back up later.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 11:38:23 PM »

You should mail the Guitar Hero to me Durr...?

Haven't played it yet (I'm in school) but it looks pretty. Must take a closer look later Beer!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic