Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411529 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 01:45:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAwakener
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Awakener  (Read 1958 times)
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 30, 2009, 02:14:55 AM »

Another snack sized adventure for those with a couple of minutes that need filling:

Fadi has been given permission to visit his Aunt Sylvia for the day - but Auntie Sylvia has a problem, and would like some help fixing it.
Join Fadi on a snack sized adventure through a colourful world that is host to a bunch of even more colourful characters!

It's terribly short, and terribly easy (more so even that my usual fare) but I enjoyed making it and I hope that those who try it enjoy it as well.

Game link is here Smiley

Left click interacts, right click looks.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:28:29 AM »

for those with a couple of minutes that need filling

its, like you know me..

"Fadi has been given permission to visit his Aunt Sylvia for the day - but Auntie Sylvia has a problem, and would like some help fixing it."

sounds like the storyline in a redneck adult film deep in the southern states of america

jazmeister
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 08:24:26 AM »

I'm stuck. I took the salt, gave it to the girl, gave the chip to the pigeon, gave the note to the assassin, gave the coin to the chanter, searched the plant, gave the knife to the cleric, put the pennies in the vending machine, and I now have Holy Cola. I've used it with everything and everyone. What the hell?

The game is really lush, and there's an animation for everything. Really visually rewarding and a joy to play. Of course, games like this, the cardinal sin is an impossibly obtuse puzzle.
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 01:01:40 AM »

I never thought about the quick game description like... that...  Well, hello there!  Shocked

As for the being stuck bit:

You can take the guard's halberd. But you might have to be sneaky about it. Watch him closely...

I honestly didn't think the puzzle was that bad, but it seems to be the one people keep getting stuck on  Sad
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:48:54 AM »

Yeah I was stuck on that for awhile until I actually started to pay attention.  Usually when I play a game like this, I resort to the "try everything on everyone" approach.

I succeeded once I actually started *looking* instead of prodding randomly with my inventory.

Personally I thought the barrel was HILARIOUS.  Tongue

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
jazmeister
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 10:08:08 AM »

That's weird, coz there've been plenty of puzzles like that in classic adventure games. Maybe if he started to doze and then noticably slid down the wall and leapt up again - you know when you nod off and then go "BUh?!" and wake up suddenly, and you don't know where you are for a second? A visual cue like that would have been an excellent help.
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 10:21:03 AM »

Is nobody else bothered by those creepy eyesBlink
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 09:59:01 PM »

Hearing that the barrel made somebody smile is awesome Grin

Interesting suggestion, Jazmeister, I'll consider exaggerating that animation a bit.

As for the eyes, I've been drawing hollow + odd coloured eyes for about a year and a half now, and nobody has mentioned it before as being creepy  Undecided
jazmeister
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 12:34:39 AM »

I like the eyes. If you're drawing people at resolutions significantly lower than the real life resolution (1920x1080), you'll need to make some concessions in the face details, and you might as well make them distinctive and stylistic. We tried animating photos of people already, right? Anyone ever play the Ripley's Believe It or Not game?  Facepalm

I was smiling a lot while playing this. It honestly made my week, I had to play Zuma's Revenge earlier and it was tough going.
Imagineergames
Level 1

Sweet Slithering Bogaboo of Serpentine Proportions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 08:40:18 AM »

Wohoo! I congratulate you on a great little fun game!

Love the style too. Kudos! I particularly like how the game's backgrounds look.

Imagineers of Flights of Fancy!<br /><br />Shades of Violet - Song of the Clockwork Princess
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic