Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:34:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFraxy the Movie Dev Log (UPDATE: 12/14/07)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fraxy the Movie Dev Log (UPDATE: 12/14/07)  (Read 3104 times)
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2007, 02:26:22 PM »

Okay. I am working on a movie (Yes, about 1 hr 20 mins long.) called Fraxy. This movie is based on a freeware game that you can get here: Fraxy

--------------------

This is by no means something were doing for advertisment. I am doing this because it's a great game and would make a great movie. The story is still in developement. I will post it sometime over Christmas Break. This will have CGI (made with Blender 3D, Particle Illusion, or Carrara 5 Pro). It will have it's own original score (soundtrack).

-----------------------------

This is the story so far.

It is the year 2417. Earth is ravaged. A war (still figuring out how that happened, lol) has drafted all the adults, and killed them. Only teens are left. But they train for adults. A gene has enabled some of them to comprehend thing way more advanced. There are still rebels (still figuring it out) prowling the surfaces. The Federation is trying to stop all of this. One day, they send out some scouts. The scouts come across a lab underground. It's been dead for years. They find many blueprints inside. Blueprints for incredible machines. They also find a frozen teenager. They bring him back to the Federation HQ and to an analysis. As it turns out, this teen was the first to develope a self-thinking war robot. The robot project name was OPERATION F.R.A.X.Y. But those were wiped out years ago. He had this gene. So he cryogenically froze himself to be safe from the war. They thawed him out. The teen, being incredibly smart, finds out that the Federation is VERY vulnerable. So he sneaks back to his lab and opens a large door. Behind that door is a giant factory. That factory creates giant robots (the enemis you'll see when watching the vids/playing the game). Soon, trying to take over the world, he attacks the Federation. As it turns out, one of the scouts stole blueprints to a jet-type aircraft (the Fraxy ship). So they decide to fight back.

---------------------------------------

Music:

Soundtrack-
Artist - Song

D Fast - Beyond Our Eyes
Gary Jules -

Immediate Music - Combustible
Linkin Park -

Machinae Supremacy - Cryosleep
Machinae Supremacy - Hybrid
Machinae Supremacy - Megascorcher
Paul Houseman - Aliaris
Paul Houseman - Ichitaita
Steve Jablonsky - Arrival To Earth
Thousand Foot Krutch - Phenomenon
X-Ray Dog - Dead Men

Trailer Music:
Immediate Music - Fahrenheit
or
Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream

Score:
Completed- None

In Progress-
Main Theme
Battle Theme
End Credit Theme

-------------------------
Planned Enemies:

There will also be more and small ones.

-----------------------------------------

Updates:
Music Added
Planned Enemies Added

----------------------------------
Percent Done: 5%
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 11:36:42 AM by Javet » Logged

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 02:58:50 PM »

The link to the game is missing... http://mokeron.hp.infoseek.co.jp/zg/fraxy_main.html
Are you going to use artwork from the game or only focus on its universe?

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 08:27:54 PM »

The link to the game is missing... http://mokeron.hp.infoseek.co.jp/zg/fraxy_main.html
Are you going to use artwork from the game or only focus on its universe?
I'm going to focus on the universe. There are LOTS of pieces with maks infinite possibilities. So I'm going to make one badass climax! Smiley

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 02:15:16 PM »

Yay! I'm finally done with the update! That took a while!

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 10:17:53 PM »

I'm surprised this isn't turning some heads.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 10:42:10 PM »

You gotta forgive me, but I've never been a big fan of Fraxy.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 10:49:27 PM »

You gotta forgive me, but I've never been a big fan of Fraxy.
The movie will be kickass. I swear it. I should have some screens posted sometime in the next month. There will be lots of action, no screwy angles, actual sound, and LOTS OF EFFECTS! It will be very epic. Nothing like the game except the ships, enemies, and bullets.

lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 11:44:30 AM »

while I admire your enthusiasm and dedication, 1 hour and 20 minutes of animation seems like a pretty lofty goal, especially if you're coming up with new creative...

but hey, good luck, I'll be interested to see what you come up with

Zaphos
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 02:34:07 PM »

Why not make a one to two minute short first, and see how that goes, before jumping in to a full movie?
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 04:45:03 PM »

Why not make a one to two minute short first, and see how that goes, before jumping in to a full movie?
Good idea. I'll try it.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 11:33:54 AM »

while I admire your enthusiasm and dedication, 1 hour and 20 minutes of animation seems like a pretty lofty goal, especially if you're coming up with new creative...

but hey, good luck, I'll be interested to see what you come up with
It'll be more creative than "Shoot Em Up." That was a great movie.

Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 12:00:01 PM »

I hope you realize making animations is really hard, especially if you're new to animation and even more if you actually try to animate people, so are you new to animation? Will your movie feature people, or just the spaceships?
Anyways making a short would be a really good idea, maybe some sort of teaser?  Wink

Doncommie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 12:18:24 PM »

Shit man, keep it short or episodic. Few people are going to watch past ten minutes.

If you want to get into machnima kinda stuff I really would say the only real option is using gmod. Look at litfusefilms, yes they are very profesionally edited but they don't use any custom artwork, it's all done with HL2 stuff. It also helps you focus on the most important stuff, camera angles, timing, editing and the flow of your script instead of spending ages on FX which won't make a bad film better.

Not trying to be too much of a bucket of water but making any kind of video is a lot of work so it's better to be less ambitious.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 11:03:18 AM »

I'm new to animation, but I WON'T animate people. It will be greenscreened, but mostly animation. I will be making a 1-2 min teaser coming out sometime in January. I will spend a lot of time on tutorials and help. Then I will get into the animation. I will be episodic, but after that, I will make a long, pieced-together one in DIVX format. The episodes will most likely be on youtube.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic