Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:27:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralBounty- Blue Version
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Bounty- Blue Version  (Read 19170 times)
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2009, 03:04:18 PM »

Wanna know where Destroya disappeared to? Want to see the whole story from the Red Team's side? Head over here and see for yourself.

So, now that this epic experiment has come to a close, what are everyone's thoughts? Was it fun? What did you like? What do you want to see improved? I'm wanting to do more games like this, so this'll be vital info for me. I appreciate you guys for playing along, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2009, 03:06:41 PM »

My feedback:

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

(Pick a more reliable foe site next time!)
Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2009, 11:17:20 PM »

Thanks for the cool experiment Theo. I thought we were bad for not participating enough here. I would've liked to see more discussion on our end - though it seems they were worse.

To promote an even more interesting experience, more leads etc. that could be discussed would be fun. That cat kicked serious ass. Kiss

Edit: For example where Destroya's ex-gf spies on him. Up for interpretation of course. That was something that we could see happen but couldn't reasonably take control of. It was no clue that our hero could've known of, thus no way for the story to take a different turn here. These are interesting too, but I'd rather see more clues that'd be left behind by their actions, or that the GM would for example control leads to where the actual bounty is. Just a thought. Smiley

The thread getting closed was just bad luck, it was better with the one-hour release cycle. The thread getting closed would probably have had you up for 36 hours or so if you wanted to do that. But quick releases keeps interest up, I think.

This was really fun and I'll be sure to participate in the future too. Gentleman

I'll compile a html archive version and put it here/somewhere for download. Hope that's ok. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:26:35 PM by Lemming » Logged

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2009, 10:33:55 AM »

I certainly won't mind- thank you! As this was intended to be a short comic, I wanted to make sure that I could have it neatly wrapped up in 24 pages, so I didn't want to suddenly add a ton of plot threads that either went nowhere or needed to be hastily resolved. If we do this again, it'll likely be for a longer period of time, which will allow for a more complex plot.

The funny thing about the ex-gf's spying was that it was one of those bits that I hardly planned at all. All I knew was that I needed to add something more to make the story more interesting, or else we were just going to have the two throwing rocks at each other. Among other things, these are some items I did not plan for and/or made up on the spot:

-The dream sequence
-The metaphorical Measuring Tape of the Sea
-Destroya's Ex-Lover
-The cat-bomb
-The hat covering the cat-bomb (forgot to draw it on the previous page, so I'm happy I was able to cover my ass that quickly)

Among all these, I think I'm most pleased with the Measuring Tape. On a whim, I asked a nearby friend to name a random household item. Her response was "Uhh... Measuring tape?", and I simply went with it. By a bit of magical coincidence, the whole thing turned into a rather intriguing metaphor; my plan was if Tigre had actually shot Destroya right there, the Tape would have swallowed the dream version of Destroya to symbolically tie it all together. He also would have spent the rest of the game as a ghost. Probably. Plans change, as you can see, so there's no telling how it could have ended. If even one page had been different, then the whole comic would have been completely different from the final version.

I do agree with you on the one-hour release cycle- I think this sort of thing works best using a rapid-fire schedule like that. Unfortunately, I don't think I would be able to do another consecutive 24-hour comic, but I think adopting a daily schedule a la MS Paint Adventures could work. The pages wouldn't look that great, mind you, but it'd be consistent.

I'm going to try and type up a postmortem tonight, hopefully that'll be done by Sunday evening. I'll put up some more of my thoughts on the thing there.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2009, 11:06:36 AM »

It already looks fantastic, and a daily schedule would just make it better.  Wink

I think it'd be interesting if you had a little poll to see what the next one will be about!
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2009, 12:18:05 PM »

Hmm, you mean like a genre setting? That'd be pretty fun.

Do you all know any other forums that would be willing to participate? I'd love to get more people in on this.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2009, 12:26:43 PM »

You don't go to any other forums? Hmm... I don't either. I only know of this place, and Poppenkast in the indie scene.

Oh, and yeah, I meant genre setting.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »

Hmm. I'm not a member at Poppenkast, but maybe they'd be interested. In all honesty, I'd like to just set up a wesbite to host these, like MS Paint Adventures- there'd be a separate one for each 'team', and there'd be an anonymous suggestion box. But alas, I know nothing of programming, and I don't know if I could even get enough people to support it.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »

Maybe the next one could just be on this site? We could just have two threads, and you'd keep track of who's on what side?
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2009, 05:22:11 PM »

Annnnnd here's the post-mortem.
Makai
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2009, 03:21:21 PM »

Even though I didn't get to participate I do like this idea and had good fun reading the end result.
While a once a day schedule would probably lose some of the momentum, it would probably help increase participation in the thread. I'm all for it!  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic