Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:53:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallIT'S MY FREAKING BIRTHDAY
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: IT'S MY FREAKING BIRTHDAY  (Read 7604 times)
Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »

And on the line I am.

So, let me start off by saying happy birthday to you mr Sennett and congratulations on the wonderful bundle of joy that is Hideous.

Now, it's with pleasure that I accept Melly's offer to give your game a public critique however, I want to know if that idea floats your boat first. If that is the case then I'll look into it. How's that?

Once again happy b-day!  Gentleman

I would only ever have a man speak the truth.

Also, it's not my birthday anymore, so you don't have to worry about hurting my feelings.

Big thanks to everyone for playing the game. MONDO THANKS to those who are also cool enough to donate. Matt and I have been pretty blown away by the generosity.

In other words,  Hand Thumbs Up Right for everybody

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2009, 03:36:44 PM »

I'll take that as a yes Smiley

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2009, 04:58:06 PM »

I have to play more, but I'm thinking of donating a small sum myself. This isn't exactly my favorite kind of game, but it oozes of love and indie.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2009, 05:15:51 PM »

There's a little Tom Sennett in all of us.
I want more Tom Sennett in me.

pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2009, 06:50:19 PM »

This was awesome until I started dying randomly. Like when I tried to jump, or at certain places (open spaces, not touching anything suspicious). Then it became a living hell to try and play.

I AM FREE!
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2009, 05:28:44 PM »

I've beaten the game now, and successfully gold medal'd the entire first area. 1-5 was totally brutal. The level itself is easy, but getting the gold medal requires some rather creative running. Getting gold medals is hard!
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2009, 08:05:19 PM »

I've beaten the game now, and successfully gold medal'd the entire first area. 1-5 was totally brutal. The level itself is easy, but getting the gold medal requires some rather creative running. Getting gold medals is hard!
It got a lot easier when I learned to use the dive properly, but I still don't have 1-5.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2009, 08:53:01 PM »

I have a tough time just getting bronze medals!  Cry

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2009, 08:59:53 PM »

remember scoring is as important as speed for them medals. Who, Me?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Curseman
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2009, 01:12:40 PM »

Gotta disagree with this.  I unlocked every character the first day the game came out, and I think speed is by far the most important aspect of scoring.  The only score objects I ever go for are balloons, and even then they're not worth losing my momentum over.
the advocater
Level 0

Ah! I'm falling!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2009, 04:38:32 PM »

Yup, I think the baddies are only worth a couple points as opposed to balloons being worth 10-50.

This is the best game I've played since World Of Goo (yes, I just classed with WOG). I was goina make song about how I liked this game, but then I thought about it.

ASHAMED
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2009, 07:16:06 PM »

As mentioned earlier...
My critique.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009, 02:19:04 PM »

Bam.

I liked the final unlockable.  Corny Laugh
soundofsatellites
Level 2

no way baby, let's go!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2009, 06:06:39 PM »

Gotta disagree with this.  I unlocked every character the first day the game came out, and I think speed is by far the most important aspect of scoring.  The only score objects I ever go for are balloons, and even then they're not worth losing my momentum over.

scoring is just as important as speed! I ended a couple of times just a point or two under the gold medal! :D
Anyway, most of the ballons are placed in ways that won't take your momentum away, and there are some baddies that can easily add to your score whitout losing momentum... so to quote valter, "requires some rather creative running". I just run and run and run and run over a course over and over until I get it right! Ninja

edit beacuse I'm daft and I forget things the minute I thinked of them:
Also, it's critical not to make any errors, as you might know the substract points, and in some cases (such as the fire walls) can easily lower your score about 50 points, you lose all the momentum. This one it's a fucking precise game.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 06:10:46 PM by soundofsatellites » Logged

and the glitter is gone
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic