Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 11:44:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBullet Candy Perfect
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Bullet Candy Perfect  (Read 4776 times)
charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: October 02, 2009, 07:49:06 AM »

I made a game again!

Anyway, if you like shooting things, you might like this. It's a fun 2D in 3D shooter all about trying to make to make the perfect run. There's a 20 level demo for Windows and Mac OS X at the link below, and if you like what you see then the full version costs a small $1+ donation.

http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=203

Let me know if you like the game (or hate it, I suppose) Smiley Pics below.

Cheers
Charlie

Check out my games: http://www.charliesgames.com
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:51:10 PM »

wow this month is beginning really great...  Grin
first runman race around the world and now a new bullet candy.
(really liked the first one so i consider this as simpley AMAZING!...by just watching the trailer)

i will give the game a proper indepth look on the weekend and then give some feedback...

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:12:26 PM »

Thanks man Smiley

This is strictly speaking a remix of the original, with various refinements to gameplay and some fun new stuff added. It's running on the 3D framework i've been using for another game i'm working on (tentatively titled 'Scoregasm').

Anyway, i hope you like the game Smiley

Cheers
Charlie

charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 12:29:31 AM »

My favorite comment so far:

"The game is FANTASTIC.  It's like meeting up again with a girl you 
were on friendly terms with a few years ago, and she's suddenly a 
hundred times better looking.  Not only that, but she's also desperate 
to shag you!"

From some guy called Joel Smiley

Cheers
Charlie

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 01:25:26 AM »

downloading the demo right now Blink i'll buy it later for sure

done, i saw you wrote $5 on the demo so it's what i paid Smiley the demo was fairly easy even at Insane, hope the later levels in the game are a bit more challenging but i'm sure they are even looking at the screenshots Smiley and the achievements will keep me busy for a while

waiting for the download link now ^^
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:38:48 AM by Eclipse » Logged

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 09:09:34 AM »

Cool thanks, i hope you enjoy the game Smiley

Cheers
Charlie

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 09:27:21 AM »

Cool thanks, i hope you enjoy the game Smiley

Cheers
Charlie

loving it Smiley
I'm already having a great time with it, so thanks to you!

oh btw, it looks awesome at 1920x1080 on my 22" screen  Kiss if the enemies were 2d it would have looked blurry... i'm also forcing anti-alias from my gpu control panel, as the game doesn't appear to use it.

This one totally needs to be frontpaged  Tears of Joy

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 09:37:34 AM »

yeah, i already frontpaged it on indiegames.com/blog (where it got the typical "no gameplay" troll comment), so someone else can do it here and see how many more troll comments it can get :D

anyway, i only played the demo so far, though i bought it -- i'll try the full version today. the demo did feel *very* easy though, i'm used to manic shooters being harder, but i didn't complain about that cause i assume the full version gets harder than the demo

charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 09:47:44 AM »

Oops, I forgot to put the menu option in for anti-aliasing, the code is in there but there's no way to turn it on! I'll get that fixed soon.

Oh, and the game does get more tricky in the later stages, especially in the harder difficulties (where you score 2x or 3x the points), keep your finger on the suicide button Wink

Cheers
Charlie

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »

Indeed Paul, it gets a lot more difficult Smiley I'm playing at INSANE and it's quite compelling now.

The demo got me off about it too, the full game is a much better experience!
Charlie maybe you could add one or two later stages in the demo, like Minter did with Gridrunner, this way people should shut up about the game being too easy or having no gameplay...

Hurray for the antialias fix!

charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 10:33:03 AM »

Indeed Paul, it gets a lot more difficult Smiley I'm playing at INSANE and it's quite compelling now.

The demo got me off about it too, the full game is a much better experience!
Charlie maybe you could add one or two later stages in the demo, like Minter did with Gridrunner, this way people should shut up about the game being too easy or having no gameplay...

Hurray for the antialias fix!

Yeah, that's a good idea. I used to do that with the Original Bullet Candy when i had a demo out for that. something like the first 10 levels and then 5 more from later on in the game?

I'll add it to my list of things Smiley

Cheers
Charlie

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 11:45:14 AM »

great Smiley hope it does well!
if you're fast with this update maybe Paul could wait for it to review\frontpage it on tigs

charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 12:04:11 PM »

That's a good idea, i'll get a new Windows version up in a minute. Can't do mac at the moment though.

Cheers
Charlie

charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 12:26:21 PM »

Ok, new Windows demo up in approx 10 minutes. Has the first ten levels, and a selection of later levels.

It'd be really cool if someone could feature the game on the main tigs site Wink

EDIT: file is now up!

Cheers
Charlie
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 12:37:33 PM by charlie » Logged

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 01:18:26 PM »

Definitely give people a taste of the hard stuff in the demo, because that's generally when the fun actually begins!  (Games are too easy, yadda yadda, etc.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying this. Smiley
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 01:29:12 PM »

Charlie another tiny suggestion is: how about to add ID3 tags into the soundtrack ogg files?
Or if you can't because the game has problem with them how about writing which song is from who and what's the complete name on the readme file?
I see you listed three guys but prolly many people will not understand how the songs are called and from who they are.

The soundtrack is really fitting btw, and i'm so glad you didn't use some crappy techno or rave music (well there's a techno song and it's the only one i don't like, strafingrun.ogg Tongue) Life is pain is my fav, and Abnormal Perfection is very nice too.
Maybe you can even place them in a different directory called soundtrack for easy listening with an audio player.
Ok too many suggestions from me :D awesome job anyway, this game is a drug.

@Paul you should update the new on indiegames with the demo changes if you can, maybe people saying there's no gameplay will finally shut up....

I'm still around level 30 at insane and there's a whole lot of gameplay for any shumps fan.
The game itself is better played destroying everything that moves before it fires too much, definitely NOT a danmaku shooter, as it's quite difficult to dodge lots of bullets, but is a very very good arena shump!

Some stages seems unfair at fist, like enemies coming towards you from every direction even before you can look at the screen Tongue but with some practice almost all the situations I've encountered so far are doable without dying. A big thumbs up, hope to see it covered from tigs too

charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 02:43:57 PM »

Sure, i can do the sound track thing for you.

If you're playing Insane difficulty, the key is not to die so you keep the triple shots. Kill yourself when you get in a tricky spot (you keep your weapons and score multiplier if you commit suicide), and try to harvest lives on the levels with the generator enemies (i.e. 19, 30 and 35-38).

I'm going to post a play guide on my website at some point this coming week.

Cheers
Charlie

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 03:04:12 PM »

cool, thanks for the suicide hint Smiley i've used it before but as it took two lives i've always managed to score almost the same as i did without using it, but i'm sure it's very useful when you have a big score multiplier

charlie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 03:17:42 PM »

cool, thanks for the suicide hint Smiley i've used it before but as it took two lives i've always managed to score almost the same as i did without using it, but i'm sure it's very useful when you have a big score multiplier

Suicide's pretty much key to survival in insane mode, it's warped logic i guess Smiley You *need* the extra 2 bullet streams to stop the arena getting too swamped. It's all about keeping the crowd in check, and using your triple shots to shove tougher enemies out of your way, taking the extra risk knowing you can bail out if it goes wrong Smiley

Cheers
Charlie

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 08:27:12 PM »

out of curiosity, can you give us the average people have given so far? is it like 90% 1$'s, or do most people go higher than that?

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic