Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:59:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTobe's Vertical Adventure (Patch playtest - XNA member help needed)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Tobe's Vertical Adventure (Patch playtest - XNA member help needed)  (Read 17327 times)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 02:07:13 PM »

I was expecting the logo to be vertical...  :D

I agree with the previous comment. But I wish to add it also reminds me of Sonic (blue and yellow text, and the banner)
MaloEspada
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 02:43:04 PM »

I thought of the Pokémon logo...
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 04:15:09 PM »

lol, I think it's amazing how everyone seems to think it look like toy story, pokemon or even sonic. But I was actually referencing to Dragonball when I did this. I use to draw the exact same type font since I was 10.

As for the color, blue and yellow is like the character colors, so I guess I will stick with it. I'll see if I can still break away from looking too similar as others.

And... I just finish up a character art Smiley Enjoy

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 04:18:55 PM »

Nana is hawt.  Addicted
V
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 04:20:05 PM »

Lovin' the artwork, and the sprites. I'll try it out later yeah? :D

One thing I don't like is the font you used for the logo. I think you should go with a more retro look for the logo. Like big pixel-y letters or something. That looks too much like Pokemon or something. Keep it up!
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 10:19:10 PM »

so cutee
i love the art

[btw i thought of pokemon]

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 05:16:55 AM »

Nana  Addicted

This game looks great, but yes adjust those colour styles for the font in the title, otherwise pro-tobe! (and nana)

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 09:10:45 AM »

Ah yeah forgot to comment on this before. Awesome artwork! Nana FTW Kiss

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 04:04:18 PM »

Nana and "vertical" makes me think of the ice-climbers.
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2009, 09:14:37 PM »

Hi again guys. Most of you probably realize, but the game was slightly delay (to early December). I've been busy with the cut scenes and website these days. Check it out at http://tobesadventure.squarespace.com/

As suspected, there's not much content atm, so bare with it. I promise more in the days to come.

Oh, and I have a question and needs opinion. I have this scene in the game that make small tribute to some of the games I've played. I want to make sure I don't get sued for making tributes though...

Here's one for Mario. What do you guys think? Subtle enough?

mokesmoe : ice climber was definitely one of the earliest inspiration : ) And Nana is both a tribute to ice climber and nanakostudio(Annabelle Kennedy), as I was inspired by her artwork at the time I created the characters.

everyone else : I hope she's not hot in a pedo-hot sort of way... then this forum will just be really weird Who, Me?

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 11:38:23 PM »

easily recognizable as mario. really cool pic.

can't wait for more man!

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 12:38:06 AM »

Mr Ray, did you ever solve your white line problem?  I ran into this recently when I unintentionally generated mip maps for a UI element in my game (UI being the only 2D part of it).  Since you're using XNA, check the Content Importer for the textures where you have your sprites and expand it out, making sure Generate Mip Maps is off. 

The problem there is that the mips it generates get filtered as they go down in level.  If you have only one mip level (or hand make the rest) and then point sample, you should get the proper aliasing for that crisp "pixelly" look.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 02:38:01 AM »

This forum is weird, it's just not paedo weird. Fortunetely.

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 09:19:26 AM »

Thanks Jajitsu, but I was actually asking if he looks too obvious that Nintendo might sue me, lol.

Btw, the white line issue was solved. We took different solution though - by adding a 1% opacity dot at the corner of each sprite. I'm not the programmer, so I have no idea why they disappears after that.

And yeap, the forum is weird, and that's why we're here Beer!

and because I can't pimp my URL enough, here it is again
http://tobesadventure.squarespace.com/

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 12:15:12 PM »

For those following Tobe's Vertical Adventure, the game is finally completed(sort of...)! Currently, sent for review on the XNA forum. Those with premium account can head over and find the game under "playtest". You can find a new trailer and more details on the announcement thread.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9292.0

I've also added new contents to my website, so be sure to check it out.
One of it that might interest you guys is the font download.

Feel free to use it for your game as long as it's non-commercial, properly credited and kick ass.

Download link as below

http://tobesadventure.squarespace.com/download/

I'm making more artwork for the game and I'm guessing some of you might be interested? It's not exactly part of the development though, so I'm not sure if it's okay to post here. Let me know if there's a better place (other then my site, because nobody visits Cry).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:20:21 PM by rayteoactive » Logged

st33d
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2009, 01:00:58 PM »

Badonkadonk! She got two in the trunk!
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2009, 08:33:55 PM »

is tht illustrator? the lines are soooo smooth

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2009, 10:54:42 AM »

nah, it's flash.

I'm surprise how little people uses it to draw actually.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2009, 11:27:07 AM »

Spelunky and now Tobe, two reasons to pick up an X360.  Clearly I need to get on top of this.

It's funny; I used to own all three systems (before I moved) and my collection was mostly indie download titles over everything else.  It's time to get back to that!  Wink

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2009, 12:26:16 PM »

aw...Tobe is a reason to buy a Xbox360? You melt my heart with your love  Tears of Joy

And I assume by now, everyone seen Rocketbirds?
Well, Sian Yue, the creator, was kind enough to invite me over for coffee and chatted about indie games and stuff, which I then playtest his pre-alpha build. You can find the game here now
http://www.rocketbirds.com/

And now that the game's finally release, I decided to make a fanart.

The actual artwork is bigger, in my site gallery here...http://tobesadventure.squarespace.com/gallery/giftart-fanart/

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic