Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 05:32:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTobe's Vertical Adventure (Patch playtest - XNA member help needed)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Tobe's Vertical Adventure (Patch playtest - XNA member help needed)  (Read 17335 times)
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2010, 03:46:02 PM »

Oh sorry I meant they were jump to climb up. Or in some cases up as well. But generally I would expect jump to go up rather than backwards. Smiley
Hmmm... seems like I should look into this for the PC release.
As for the wall jump, I guess you guys are right too. In fact, 1 of the programmers actually pointed it out during production, but the one working on it couldn't do it right, so I lived with this.

And yes tim-bo-jay, I was refering to Mirror edge 2D when I did Tobe's wall maneuver and stuff. In fact, it was the inspiration source to dress Tobe up as somewhat sporty, and less Indiana Jones/Seplunky like. Nice find Gentleman

Btw, I haven't forgotten about the fanart, I just didn't realize the release can get me so busy. Btw, love the art. I figured the theme was - sucks to be a man, lol.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »

The way wall jumps work in real life follows the laws of physics. The only thing that can change your horizontal momentum in mid air is air resistance, which is a small, constant force, not something that will make you move 5 feet than instantly stop.

The best game I can think of for ledge climbing is F(l)ail. This page, second row, second column.
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2010, 12:43:52 PM »

Thanks, Mokesmoe :)I tried Frail... I kinda get what you guys meant now. So in the future, the control should be jump for climb, and away+jump to jump away.

I also did the fan art I promised today. Here it is now.

So apparently everyone's coming to Tobe place for a party game. Though I'm not sure which game Smiley I'll put the bigger version in my Web's gallery so not to smash the thread.

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2010, 12:55:04 AM »

Grin Johnny looking more freaky than ever. I love it!

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2010, 02:34:10 AM »

i love it!!!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss

I get started on mine now!

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2010, 01:07:16 PM »

Just browsed through your site and checked out the trailer, and wow, everything looks beautiful!
Unfortunately I don't own a XBox, so I won't get to play it, but I still wish you all the best with your endevours and that you soon earn the recognition you deserve! 

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2010, 12:37:12 AM »

here is my end of the trade

Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »

awwwwww   Kiss
FranticPandaKev
Level 1

I wants to Give you SounD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2010, 10:55:57 AM »

Haha class

Twitter: FranticPandaKev
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »

My sketch pales in comparison to these finely crafted colourful artworks.

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2010, 01:08:30 PM »

lol, I'm loving this. We should have a thread where all our characters hang out. And Jajitsu... Is that a spoof of my fanart for Rocketbird? Or is Jable trying to save his game, and Tobe not letting him Cheesy

Just browsed through your site and checked out the trailer, and wow, everything looks beautiful!
Unfortunately I don't own a XBox, so I won't get to play it, but I still wish you all the best with your endevours and that you soon earn the recognition you deserve! 
Thanks, I so need recognition because these games are so expensive to make Cry

And Ishi, it's okay if you don't color, but please make a sequel to Treasure Treasure: Fortress Forage! Well, hello there!

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2010, 02:13:18 PM »

Well i havn't seen any art of Tobe floating with balloons, so i had too  Cheesy

I guess Tobe was floating down about to start a level when sudddenly the wind pushes him away and ends up right in the Jables world.

he starts getting closer to the ground when Jables sees him and Squiddy goes, "Hellooo, other hero."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 04:55:29 PM by JaJitsu » Logged

FranticPandaKev
Level 1

I wants to Give you SounD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2010, 05:59:37 PM »

I smell a hybrid!

Twitter: FranticPandaKev
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2010, 10:12:52 AM »

So... the thread is revived.

As you might, or might not know, I have been working on the patch so far. Unfortunately, being an old(2months) game, I don't think many is really gonna playtest it on XNA club. So hopefully, the kind friends I have here in Tigsource will be willing to spread the word.

Here's a link to the XNA thread
http://forums.xna.com/forums/p/42579/292301.aspx#292301

I've mainly fixed the following
    *  screen size adjustment
    * Tobe running speed increase
    * control changes
          o no auto climb from hanging unless wall run
          o climb from hanging with the jump button
          o jump away from hanging by pressing away + jump
    * different color palate for 2nd Tobe in co-op
    * Animal counts correction (previous version was actually short of about 5)
    * Co-op tweaks
          o teleporter now automatically brings both player to the next door
          o unable to open small chest bug solved
          o unable to climb rope bug solved
          o spawn kill solved

It will be up for a the week, and going straight to peer review if all is good (or ignored). Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry for the necropost.

EDIT: You will need XNA creator club membership to access the link. So XNA guys, please do help Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:31:32 PM by rayteoactive » Logged

tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2010, 11:04:27 AM »

Damn it this is one of the reasons I need to setup an XNA Creators Account :-( I'd love to test it
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »

Link won't work for me. Sends me to a page with this text:
Code:
Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2010, 08:29:30 PM »

Ah... yes, I forgot to mention, but it requires you to have an XNA club membership to access the link and be able to download it. But thanks for trying anyway.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2010, 08:45:02 PM »

When I first clicked on the link, it asked me to sign up. It gave me this when I tried again after signing up.
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2010, 11:56:01 PM »

Odd... I didn't have the same issue. Anyone with XNA creator club membership facing the same problem?

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2010, 12:33:20 AM »

For those who are interested, works on XNA, but not an XNA club member, perhaps I can send you the game in ".ccgames" format. Just drop me a PM, and I can send you a private link to do so.

Then again, since I'm mainly testing to see if the controls is better than the original, so I'm hoping to send it to those who had already tried it on XBLIG.  Beer!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic