Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:57:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTobe's Vertical Adventure (Patch playtest - XNA member help needed)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Tobe's Vertical Adventure (Patch playtest - XNA member help needed)  (Read 17331 times)
skado
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2010, 01:44:08 AM »

When I first clicked on the link, it asked me to sign up. It gave me this when I tried again after signing up.

This is a link to a playtest thread. In order to view the playtest section of the XNA forums, you would have to be a premium member, unfortunately. ($50 for 4 months, $100 for a year)

Will give you a playtest after dbp ends, rayteo Smiley
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2010, 05:59:15 AM »

Downloaded it but was too busy last night, will try and give it a go tonight!

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2010, 12:14:41 PM »

Have now tried it!

The wall climb is definitely much better. I didn't notice a huge difference in the running speed but it seemed good as it is now so it was probably an improvement. Smiley Can't really comment on the other changes since I haven't played the co-op.

I do have one request; Microsoft's recommended deadzone for the left stick is naff (or maybe it's the controllers that are naff). Either way my left stick sticks a bit to the left, so sometimes Tobe runs left when I don't expect it. I would recommend doing a bit of manual deadzone too. Personally for mapping digital controls to an analogue stick I only respond if the stick is at 0.5 or more. This guarantees no deadzone issues, and also prevents accidentally pressing up/down when pressing sideways (sometimes in Tobe he climbs vines when I'm not really pressing up or down).

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »

Thanks Ishi

I'm surprise you didn't see the different in the running speed. I remember the original to be pretty slow. Has anyone else tried and like to comment about this?

As for the deadzone, we have been adjusting it. The earlier version makes it very easy to accidentally go into a "roll". As for accidentally "climbing onto ropes, I thought I solved that already. Guess I will look into it again.

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2010, 06:32:33 PM »

I got an XBOX!! I can finally try your game! I just bought it :D :D :D

UnemployedVillain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »

Seeing this game always gets me excited because I don't consider my name very common and yet it's the name of the character in your game
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2010, 10:18:32 PM »

I haven't been back to the forum lately to realize the thread's been bump

@Dom2D : Hooray! Give me your thoughts on the game when you finally finish up Wink
@Zoramon : Amazingly, there's already 2 guys that write in to say they looked exactly like Tobe, and now you sharing a similar name. I guess that's good, right?

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2010, 11:21:19 PM »

Apparently theres a lot (2) of guys out there with giant heads.
BreakTargets
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2010, 11:38:22 AM »

We need more fanart for this game, so why don't we hold a fanart... shaped... thing

...I don't even know anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic