Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:22:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallIn Another Chateau
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: In Another Chateau  (Read 2942 times)
mirosurabu
« on: October 06, 2009, 11:52:33 AM »

IN ANOTHER CHATEAU

Play and rate with 10.
j0d1
Level 0

indie@montreal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 12:14:44 PM »

Nice little game.
Not enough game mechanics to make it really interesting though.
Hard levels should come sooner.
Nice sound / setting / graphics.
Jumping / Shooting crates could be better (faster, higher)

An honest 7/10. 8/10 because it's better than what I have ever done.

I\'m currently making the game Commander.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 01:03:09 PM »

is the graphics by serene?

anyway lacks in the same think as In Another Brothel (well it's basically the same game): gameplay... i got bored way before any real challenge, in another brothel was original and it had an interesting story, this one is nice and polished but doesn't really add anything more

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
mirosurabu
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »

Yes, artwork is by Serene Smiley
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 01:11:59 PM »

looking forward your other flash ports Smiley

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
SidM
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 05:03:33 PM »

444 crates, 12 girls, 264 points.

I entered a booth in the level where you spawn next to one, before I noticed the belle.
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 08:11:52 PM »

It's immediately fun and has an good hook, but there's not a lot to keep pulling you back in once it starts feeling repetitive. There's never really a sense of tension. Maybe that's a good thing... It's easygoing, I guess? I kept playing longer than I get with a lot of flash games.

It got a lot easier once I figured out how to rocketjump

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 09:38:46 PM »

Well done, but this game is not very fun

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 01:11:23 AM »

Good game, good concept.

It needs to take more advantage of the physics based gameplay, though. With a pretty original gameplay premise, I think there is a lot that could be done with this game.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 01:29:37 AM »

It's immediately fun and has an good hook, but there's not a lot to keep pulling you back in once it starts feeling repetitive.

I like being happy and positive, but yeah. Man, it looks really nice, and I played many levels simply to see the changes in the environment - the blimps, the hanging laundry, those kinds of things. Wished there was another exposition cutscene or two. Opener was cute.

But, uh, the game itself, well! It sets itself up nicely - shooting crates, stacking crates, jumping on crates is all rather entertaining. Normally I dislike crate-doing in games because it's slow and tedious. So, speeding up the process is really nice!

HOWEVER. That's all for naught, 'cause the levels don't really take advantage of it. I know this is supposed to be a puzzle game, but almost every level is solved by "Spam Crate". The trickier levels seem to depend on finicky box stacking* to get over a gap. There were some good levels - the Icecream Trucks were used well, for example. But, I felt the entire experience to be kind of numbing - click click clickitty click. I know it counts the crates, but there seems to be no real incentive other than a low number.

The game either needs to add new elements (like the Icecream Truck), or have more devious level design. At the moment it's good idea, slick presentation, sloppy excecution. Sorry.

AND ANOTHER THING: If I'm looking for my, uh, Biplane, why am I collecting Damsels? And why are they still simply a collectable? They could at least give us a wave before vanishing into pocketspace.

*At, uh, Level 22-ish I just decided to give up.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 12:18:56 PM »

I know it counts the crates, but there seems to be no real incentive other than a low number.

And a higher score.

Almost
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »

The puzzles all seemed to be roughly the same, there could've been more variety. Rather than just pile crates to get up/over pit/wall, there could've been places where you have to press a button with a crate, knockout an enemy, set off a tripwire with crates instead of yourself to safely disarm the trap, block incoming objects (falling rocks?) with crates..
Also: I missed the inability to jump and shoot downwards. I understand that the current "puzzles" would be too easy if you could do this, but I think it would be more fun.

A game of mine: Ten Second War
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 08:16:17 PM »

AND ANOTHER THING: If I'm looking for my, uh, Biplane, why am I collecting Damsels? And why are they still simply a collectable? They could at least give us a wave before vanishing into pocketspace.
Maybe he is building a new biplane

OUT OF DAMSELS

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
genericlogin
Level 0

Sandals

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 06:27:31 AM »

Not pulling any punches.

I 10ed it. Though I sincerely believe it is severely lacking in terms of fun.

Loved the graphics, nothing short of awesome.

Ditto with the music and controls.

Idea is pretty novel too.

Btw, did you slapped a premade physics engine into the game or you rolled your own? Would love to know how you did it.
mirosurabu
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 10:44:06 AM »

I'm using Box2D for physics. Wink
mirosurabu
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 07:25:22 PM »

You can now play the MoFunZone version with achievements.

Also, for those of you that are not aware, MoFunZone and ArmorGames (my sponsor) owners were not in a good relationship for a long time and with this game WE DECLARE THE PEACE. (:
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic