Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:40:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessQuestion about Aquaria and multiple PCs
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Question about Aquaria and multiple PCs  (Read 2328 times)
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2007, 02:52:32 PM »

My current PC is on it's last legs. It's dying.

I was wondering if its possible to buy and download a version of aquaria on this computer to play around with it and then later  move it to my new computer without having to buy the game a second time.

Anyone know?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 02:58:11 PM »

This is probably better asked on the bit-blot.com forums than here. But yes, I do believe this is possible -- you'd just save the registration code and then use it again when you install the install file on the second computer. So I suspect what you'd do is just don't delete the installation file (the 200+ MB EXE you get when you buy it) after you install the game on one computer, and move that to your new computer, and use the registration code again there. There may be a limit to the number of computers you can install it on, I believe Game Maker has a limit of 3 computers, so I suspect Aquaria would work similarly.

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 01:58:05 AM »

When you buy the game, you get the URL to download the full version and a personal serial number to unlock it.  As far as I know, both of these are yours to keep and use for life.

@doomlaser, mark johns
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 02:12:17 AM »

My current PC is on it's last legs. It's dying.

I was wondering if its possible to buy and download a version of aquaria on this computer to play around with it and then later  move it to my new computer without having to buy the game a second time.

Anyone know?

Yes if you bought the game directly (not by steam) then you can move the binary on another computer. I did this to show the game at work.

If you've got steam, all the games are downloadable without any problem as far as your account is right.

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 02:39:05 AM »

This thread is from 2007, Klaim. The bot (zhixin1988) just necrobumped it Corny Laugh
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 03:59:49 AM »

Ahh sorry did'nt even seen it v__v;;;;;

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic