Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:39:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAnything Beats Everything
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Anything Beats Everything  (Read 33856 times)
godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 09:13:57 AM »

That's awesome. Smiley  I think it would be cool would be to make some desktop backgrounds.  The screens are so nice that I'd like to sport one for a while.  A screen and the title in the corner with the mascot dude?

Not sure, but I think it'd be cool to have a background.  Kiss

/////////////////////////
God at play - meaningful games - spiritual games
@godatplay
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2009, 09:18:11 AM »

Yeah sure! I'll post a couple wallpapers soon, just for fun. BUT I was actually thinking of giving out rewards to the player upon gaining achievements, like wallpapers, icons, avatars, etc. So you'll have to work to get them!  Wink

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2009, 08:58:16 PM »

A medium one:

I am fighting the urge to just show you all the levels I have made so far. I'm at about 30 levels for now, I'm aiming for... a LOT more.

I'll try to limit myself to posting only one level per week or something.

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2009, 09:05:41 PM »

Not sure, but I think it'd be cool to have a background.  Kiss

What level do you want?

Zaid Crouch
Level 0

*doink*

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2009, 11:27:52 PM »

A medium one:
I am fighting the urge to just show you all the levels I have made so far. I'm at about 30 levels for now, I'm aiming for... a LOT more.

I'll try to limit myself to posting only one level per week or something.
Love the new level, it's really awesome :D

How's the rest of the game coming along? I'm really looking forward to this one  Addicted

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 01:54:07 PM »

Since I've started working on Move Out of Skull Island again, it's slowing Anything Beats Everything down a bit. But I'm still practicing my Actionscript every night or so, and the code for the game is starting to look like something I can do. I wouldn't get my hopes up for a 2009 release though ...  Concerned But Skull Island should be worth the wait.

Wander
Level 1

pixels are my only real friends. (and scotch)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »

well i like skull island lots so by all means, go ahead with it!  Hand Thumbs Up Left

-The Horrible Vikings-

-= artist will paint for scotch=-
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2009, 03:53:14 PM »

Just messing around:

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2009, 05:08:49 PM »

I guess that would be super easy mode.  Giggle

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2009, 06:38:07 PM »

I can't find the solution! Are you sure it's finished?  :D
Mike Lee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2009, 08:51:55 PM »

Sweet! It's awesome seeing the progress you've made with the game in the past few weeks. The graphics are awesome as always. How's learning Actionscript going for you? Hopefully the programming hasn't been too hard.
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2009, 08:58:39 PM »

Actionscript is fairly easy for now. I've learned how to set up a timer and the score. I'm looking into managing a difficulty curve so that the game gets increasingly harder. I actually like the intellectual challenges each game element brings to me! It's great.

Thanks for the support!

Also yes that last one is overly easy!

godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2009, 10:18:37 PM »

Maybe the rest of them could have Waldo hats, so this one doesn't have the white stripes?

@godatplay
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2009, 11:06:37 PM »

I think it's a joke level. If I were playing and got this level, I would burst out laughing.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2009, 11:46:24 PM »

I think it's a joke level. If I were playing and got this level, I would burst out laughing.

Yeah, I think you've gotta throw a rare one in. Indeed, it might confound through its sheer simplicity!
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2009, 12:49:26 AM »

Ahh, I love the bacon one! 

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Zaid Crouch
Level 0

*doink*

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 05:39:43 AM »

Yeah, I think you've gotta throw a rare one in. Indeed, it might confound through its sheer simplicity!

Haha, true.

Alternatively, a tricker version of the same level could have one of the guys with his "back" ear missing, so you have to find the one-eared guy in there. Of course, you would still leave the hat in -- that one point so clearly breaking the pattern would most likely make it harder to find the target difference.

Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 05:58:25 AM »

Are the images able to alter? Like, can the difference be in a random object?

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2009, 06:55:23 AM »

Maybe the rest of them could have Waldo hats, so this one doesn't have the white stripes?

I have been working for the past year on the Where's Waldo : The Fantastic Journey game that just came out. I still like the guy, but, I gotta take a break from seeing red and white stripes all day  Crazy

That brings up the question I've been asking myself for the past few days: can I use trademarked things in my game, like Waldo, or Batman throwing batarangs, Neo fighting a bunch of Agent Smiths, Sonic in a bunch of Rings, and so on...?
I hope I can...

Yes it's a joke!

Definitely  Grin

Alternatively, a tricker version of the same level could have one of the guys with his "back" ear missing, so you have to find the one-eared guy in there. Of course, you would still leave the hat in -- that one point so clearly breaking the pattern would most likely make it harder to find the target difference.

Yes! I'm already putting in things to distract the attention from the real thing to find. I have a whole bag full of tricks  Evil

Are the images able to alter? Like, can the difference be in a random object?
I'm trying to do it like that, yes. Some levels will be scripted with 5 or 6 different positions, but the rest of them (I hope) will be randomized.

Alright back to work!

godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2009, 09:43:29 AM »

I have been working for the past year on the Where's Waldo : The Fantastic Journey game that just came out. I still like the guy, but, I gotta take a break from seeing red and white stripes all day  Crazy

Yeah, I saw that on your blog.  I kid, I kid, don't mind me, I'm sure you've seen enough of him! Durr...?

@godatplay
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic