Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 05:10:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Hershel Engine - How Muni Stole $75 From Me
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Hershel Engine - How Muni Stole $75 From Me  (Read 2516 times)
alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« on: October 13, 2009, 08:34:10 AM »

Morning, folks!

Just wanted to share what I've been up to lately. I just finished my first demo with a dialogue engine I put together inspired by Professor Layton / Phoenix Wright games.  I guess I haven't seen many visual novel type games (outside of the realm of the anime/fan/hentai fare) and wanted to make something that made its creation simpler.

Not quite sure if I actually accomplished that as the spreadsheet I use to keep the game organized gets pretty messy as more branches get created...  My Word!

In any case! Here is a very simple demo I made (two rooms, two endings, about 1 minute of your time) that showcases the features of the engine:
- Left and right profile images
- Dialogue
- Choices to make within Dialogue
- Room traveling
- Flag setting
- EXAMINE mode (like in Phoenix Wright)
- Multiple Endings

I do plan on releasing it when I'm comfortable with it. It's still got many pieces hardcoded into the .FLA.  Anyhow, any feedback or requests would be great.  Thanks!

Play: http://www.shengames.com/flash/hms75fm/
undertech
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »

Getting the bad ending was easy enough, but is it even possible to get the "good" one? I got you to break your own neck but the game continued on as normal.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 02:33:38 PM »

This should be moved to the feedback forums.

alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 03:06:04 PM »

This should be moved to the feedback forums.

Crap, you're absolutely right. Can one of the delicious mods move it for me? Thanks.  Beer!
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 12:45:32 AM »

I'm pretty sure you already thought of this yourself but I guess an inventory would be nice.
alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 07:53:27 AM »

I'm pretty sure you already thought of this yourself but I guess an inventory would be nice.

Ya, that was actually my next step.  Figured out a decent way to hopefully get it to show, but we'll see.  I mean simple array pushing and splicing is my plan of attack.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic