Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:44:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralSNES USB Adapter Problems, Help Appreciated
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SNES USB Adapter Problems, Help Appreciated  (Read 7692 times)
TheDustin
« on: October 14, 2009, 03:52:26 PM »

Hand Shake Left Angry Hand Shake Right I recently bought a Mayflash SNES controller adapter from Amazon. (Here's the link) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UEB61S/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0009VIZSY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08XF7KZEZEJPDBKY7V41

I also procured two brand-new official SNES controllers. When I first got the adapter, I plugged it in and it didn't work. My ZNES program didn't recognize the keys, and I couldn't get the keys mapped. Slightly pissed, I put it aside and left it. The next day, for whatever reason, I plugged it in and it worked.  Undecided I tried it in other emulators and it worked fine there as well. However, when I plugged it in the day after that it didn't recognize it again.  Crazy I tried everything I could to get it to work again, but to no avail. I tried other emulator programs, but it didn't work for them either. Tired Does anybody have any clue on how to get this working again? I tried Joy2Key but whoever made it doesn't speak English properly, as their ReadMe is indecipherable. If somebody could help me get the adapter to work properly again or point me in the right direction with J2K I'd really appreciate it. And I'd offer cookies, too. 

EDIT: I have a PS1-like USB controller and it works fine in all accounts, so I know it isn't the programs.  Facepalm
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 03:57:58 PM by TheDustin » Logged
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 04:25:08 AM »

I looked around a bit for that particular device and it seems that it has a bit of problem to work correctly. It is also not very efficient on Vista, so it seems. However, I've seen a lot of people point out that the device works on Vista and it seems particularly true for the double slot version. Maybe they updated the  device when they made the two-controllers device? I dunno. I'm afraid I can't really help you on this one. You seem to have tried a lot of different things. Have you checked to see if Windows recognizes the pad in the device list? Have you tried it on different usb ports?

Sorry. Good luck!

TOdorus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 05:15:43 AM »

Hi there Dustin, I've had my MayFlash adapter in just today. Superexited to play my old SNES games again, but apperantly only one controller works and the other only registers the B button (Control Panel - Game Controllers). I'm googling the internet for a fix and came across this thread. Scottyb on another thread seems to have the same problem as me. I'm currently using Vista. I haven't tried XP yet, as I wouldn't like to have a double boot just for this.

Do you use Vista/XP/OSX? And do both your gamepads work when the device works? If we can pinpoint some stuff without finding a solution, I want to write an e-mail to MayFlash with a complaint and see if we get things rolling on their end.

Other thread
http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=197270&sid=432db03d3af9620b8fb5d29eaada9930
TOdorus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 06:27:29 AM »

Allright I did some testing and you may not like this. I have two original Nintendo controllers (Nint I and Nint II) a SN ProPad (SN Pro) and a honeybee gamepad (Honey). I bought two of the double Nintendo to USB adapters and here's what I got when using a single adapter with different controllers. The apdaters are refered to simply as I and II and their two ports as A an B.

I A
I B
II A
II B
Nint I
B
B
B
B?
Nint II 
V
V
V
V
SN Pro
V*
V*
V*
V?*
Honey 
V
V?
V
V?

V = Works
B = Only the B-button works
* = L, select and start DON'T work
? = Different button layout

The only conclusion I get out of this is that performance varies between controllers. Even between two original Nintendo controllers. This sucks badly. If you could do a similair test Dustin, we could compare notes. With one of my controllers not compatible with their product I'm certianly going to write MayFlash a complaint, but I'd like to get some more data first.
TheDustin
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 09:35:50 PM »

Guert: Thanks for trying to help. I already tried both of your suggestions but thanks for taking the time to check it out for me.  Gentleman

Hey TOdorus, glad to see I'm not alone. I'm using 32-bit Vista. As of now neither freshly-out-of-box SNES controller works. I'm tempted to file a complaint, but I'm not sure what would come of it. Best of luck with your situation!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic