Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:06:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGrand Feather
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Grand Feather  (Read 20302 times)
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2009, 06:16:30 PM »

Made a timelapse video of me designing a few parts of levels using my level editor.

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »

Wow, this looks fantastic!  The first picture you have (with the boy riding on a dirigible) immediately caught my eye, and the story seems whimsical and imaginative.  I was also quite impressed by the pixel animations throughout the thread (the little reptile creature you can ride on is very cute, it reminds me of Adventure Island).  I can't wait to try this out!

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »

Thanks!

Just added in the bird's ability to allow the player to dash-jump:

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2009, 12:20:09 AM »

Shocked so....awesome...

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2009, 02:39:44 AM »

This game looks so super cool I can't believe it.

tweet tweet @j_younger
FawfulBeans
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2009, 02:57:09 AM »

God,this awesome.
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2009, 01:19:22 PM »

Yeah this is looking absolutely fantastic.  Tears of Joy

I didn't like the lines across the tops of the background, but it's grown on me.
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2009, 04:34:50 PM »

After a short break to get finals week over with, we are back working on the game!  This is an early mock up of the companion selection screen.  Once a new companion has joined your team it becomes available in your notebook.  Im not really happy with the notebook scribbles completely yet but I think it just needs a little more love to get it where I want it.  Basically you will be able to have one following companion and one flying companion out at a time.  There are also rideable companions but they do not go into your inventory they persist in the world wherever you left them last. What do you guys think about the companion selection?  Any ideas? 

Iamthejuggler:  Thanks for the interest!  Im glad the lines grew on you haha. I personally like them alot but I can see how they can be strange at first to some people haha.

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2009, 06:31:15 PM »

wow, that paper is awesome. the only complaint I have is the top right.

im guessing you were going for it to look wet? but because of the small strands it looks like cracks.

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »

The mountains are super stylish, and I really like the notepad texture!  This looks like a really promising project.  Can't wait til' a playable build.  Grin

Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2009, 12:21:06 PM »

I am very impressed with this project!

Tell us more about the level editor, what libraries did you use and that kinda stuff. It looks like a damn good editor.

Keep on truckin'  Beer!Hand Thumbs Up Right

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2009, 02:31:26 PM »

That menu is really creative!... and adorable, to boot.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2009, 02:35:31 PM »

The level editor also uses opengl to display images, and winapi for a few things such as the menu bar and scroll bars. I was originally planning on using winapi's child windows and stuff but then decided I decided to make my own version of it after I got sick of digging through books and documentation and stuff. So all the windows and everything is literally just painted boxes on top of eachother that I implemented to move around and be resized and that kind of thing. I probably should have just stuck to the windows thing so I could learn it better for future reference, but I didn't want to spend all that long on the level editor. The whole thing took me about a month to make.

Here's an image of it.

Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2010, 08:09:52 AM »

Haha, you actually made your own window system. That's pretty cool.

Have you considered using Qt? It seems to me it's a much more painless experience than working with the win API.

Flame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2010, 02:33:17 AM »

I love the art style and everything, but the main character feels so out of place for some reason.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2010, 12:12:31 PM »

I have heard Qt before, but I don't really mind the winAPI too much. It's just that, I don't really like learning new functions and how they operate and that kind of thing, just because I think its boring.

I just added in the companion selection screen that caliber posted above. It only took me a couple of hours too, which was surprising. And I finished the first boss. And put in some new levels. So we are getting close to having a demo/beta version ready for some testing to get some opinions on what we have so far. Our goal is to have the demo done by the end of the month, so if you would like to help us test it out let us know!  Wink Hand Thumbs Up Right

Gutter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2010, 08:34:16 AM »

Hah! So that's what Shark Arm game maps are made; a bit of web-browsing and plenty of "Block Towers."
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2010, 04:06:26 PM »

Thanks!

Just added in the bird's ability to allow the player to dash-jump:

Oh my gosh, this looks like it's gonna be so much fun!  I remember thinking it would be cool if Beat (the bird from Megaman) could help you fly or hover for a bit, unfortunately I don't think they ever allowed him to do that.  Keep up the great work! 

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
alspal
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2010, 03:04:56 AM »

This game looks awesome, I hope its for computer?
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2010, 06:34:02 PM »

It's being coded in C++, So I'd assume so. It's obviously for the virtual boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic